Ch. 10 New Friend.

Niall woke with a fright and a slight scream to a pitch black room. As his eyes began to settle on the room around him he noticed he was laying on the ground, not in the comfy bed he had laid in and there was no Zayn. Looking around his vision landed on a set of lockers. On the lockers was graffiti; "FREAK", "LOSER", hurtful words. As he walked closer to the lockers he noticed the number '125'. It was his locker back in Mullingar, Ireland. This all seemed familiar to Niall as he spun around to see more life blossomed in the room. Kids walked bye happily chatting, gossiping. People seemed to walk right through him unnoticing of him standing in the hallway in just his boxers and green four leaf clover socks.

The halls began to disperse when the bell rang leaving Niall alone again. Hesitantly a younger version of Niall with his natural brown hair skittishly skirted up to his locker frequently looking over his shoulder. As he looked on Niall noticed 3 jocks come around the corner playfully shoving each other and laughing loudly. A larger shadow appeared near young Niall as it walked over it placed one hand on the brunette's back. When the palm was flat on his back, both started to shimmer and disappear right in front of Niall. The jocks Niall had grown to fear walked right past his younger self and straight through him as well. Once the boys were gone the shadow  and young Niall reappeared still doing what they were doing.

"I remember this." Niall spoke to himself. "It was the first time that I saw Liam, this is when he started protecting me." Tears came to his eyes thinking about the older boy and the words he spat earlier.

The world around him started to fade more memories of Liam protecting Niall came and went as the boy caught glimpses of how Liam really feels. Forgiveness blossomed in his heart.

**

" Stupid life. Stupid prophecy. Stupid adorable, sweet, cute Irish boy. Ugh FML!" Liam mumbled to himself while pacing back and forth while pounding on the sides of his head with his fist. After his little outburst liam sped walked to the arena where all the battle drills were held. It had a very open outdoorsy feel. Mountains to the North, a pond on the East and open fields with plenty of hiding spots through out. Liam was currently stalking the fields near the pond having his internal war raging strong. " I just don't understand why I had to be the one." Liam spoke to himself more.

"Because you prick." Louis screamed. "You're the most responsible one of all of us. You're the most level headed, mature and caring person we know. With that said what you did to Niall back there is completely unforgivable. Did you forget he's in this too. That he has no choice either, yet here he is the whole time giving you support, admiration and unconditional love. You broke that boy Liam and as far as I am concerned you are dead to all of us." Lou stormed up to Liam punching him square in the jaw sending him flying back into the pond with a loud splash.

"I suggest you start pulling your head out of your ass and find a way to get that boy to smile again and forgive you. Otherwise we're gonna have a problem." Harry demanded.

Liam just swam there sorta floating listening to the Larry yelling at him. He knew he was in the wrong, but he felt betrayed by life. betrayed by his past. Who was he, if not for his identity he thought he created. 'Is it all planned? my smile, my laugh, my thoughts are they even mine?' he questioned in his mind.

"Of course they are young one." A beautiful angelic voice called out to him. looking around the pound he noticed a head of flowing red hair bobbing near the surface.

"Wh-who are you?"

"I'm Ariel of course. Haven't you seen my movie?" she giggled while swimming backwards revealing a turquoise and gold shimmering tail.

"WOW! a real mermaid." Liam was dumbfounded. He heard there was a group of merfolk recently relocated to the school, but meeting one was something quite surreal.