want

I feel her body tense up as a gasp escapes her mouth.

But as abruptly as it happened, I put it to a quick stop.

"Shall we?" I coo, pulling away and turning for the door. I open the large slabs of dark wood and walk my way through the halls, not caring to wait for her.

I bring one foot over the other as I march down the stairs. The laughter of the two guests ring in my ears as I enter the living room. The only way I acknowledge her presence behind me is through the pitter patter of her feet echoing against the marble walls.

"That was fast," Vander says in an almost disappointed tone.

"I thought you lasted longer than that," Hayden remarks.

"Oh, I do. For sure," I say as I turn to look back at her. Her gaze looks at everything but me, and I can't help but grin.

Look at what I do to you.

I take a seat on the couch across the two men and motion for Athena to sit next to me. She complies without a word, and soon enough we start talking.

"You guys are gonna share the guest room," I state.

They exchange a look, then revert their gazes to me. "How am I supposed to sleep when this dude snores like a swine?" Hayden asks as he looks at Vander with disgust. Vander punches his shoulder and sends him a glare. They chortle in unison as I shake my head.

"I need you both to keep an eye on each other," i explain.

"Still don't trust us?"

"You can cause trouble sometimes."

They shrug, because else can they do?

"I assume you're familiar with how this place works. If you're not, then find out yourself," I mention as I lean back on the couch. "Oh, and this is Athena," I say as I point to the girl sitting next to me.

He looks her up and down. "Hayden," the dark-haired male says.

She nods.

The blonde-haired man beside him raises a brow. "Vander," he says.

She nods again.

A long pause lingers in the room.

"So where am I going to sleep, Hades?"

Vander and Hayden shoot their heads up with widened eyes, the surprise evident on their faces.

"You'll be sleeping with me in my room," I announce.

"Aren't there any other guest rooms? I mean," she looks around, scanning the spacious mansion.

Four? Five? Six? I forgot.

"No."

The boys' jaws nearly drop to the ground.

Athena stares at me in disbelief, and the awkward, shocked tension in the room seems to wrap us in its hold.

"Now leave, I have to talk to these two."

She grumbles in a deprecating manner and stands up, making her way to the stairs. "I'll be in the guest room waiting."

Once she's gone, I turn my attention to the two awestruck males in front of me.