morning

A kiss on my forehead wakes me up from my sleep, and I pry my groggy eyes open to see Hades smiling beside me. His arm is wrapped around my head as presses me into his chest, inhaling the scent of my hair. "Your hair smells good," he comments.

I laugh into his bare chest, inhaling the faint scent of his body wash. "Good morning to you too, but you don't smell too bad yourself, if you ask me," I reply.

He chuckles, pulling back and getting out of bed. My eyes stay glued to his back as he walks into the bathroom, keeping the door open. "I'm going to the base again today," he tells me.

I hum out a quick "Hmm," of acknowledgment and watch as he squeezes a clump of toothpaste onto his toothbrush. He wets the brush, then put it in his mouth and starts to brush his teeth.

Water starts running as he turns the faucet on, the toothbrush in his mouth as he gets ready for his shower. I'm still in bed, cuddling with the comforter, because first, I don't need to go anywhere, and second, I'm lazy— very lazy. "Why don't you ever close the bathroom doors when you shower?" I ask.

He really never does. Every time he goes to the restroom to take a shower, he never closes the door— the only time he does is when he's actually using the toilet. I've never really bothered to take a peek, out of respect. Although let's face it, the thought has run through my mind on many different occasions. My brows draw into a thin line of curiosity as he turns to face me, walking back to the sink.

"Ask me again when I'm done brushing my teeth." His voice is muffled against the foamy mint paste as he spits into the sink, using one hand to adjust the waistband of his sweatpants.

I shrug and turn to my side, bringing an elbow up to support my head. As I rest my head on the palm of my hand, I stare and wait for him to finish brushing his teeth. He's pacing back and forth— grabbing a towel here, adjusting the water there, rearranging the stuff on the table, all while using one hand to work the brush in his mouth. He just can't stay still, I think to myself. It's cute. I like it.

He spits in the sink one more time before letting the water drain everything down. After he rinses the bristles of his toothbrush, he puts it back into its cup and cleans his mouth up. Once his eyes are back on me, he starts untying his sweatpants, keeping our gazes fixated with an intensity that— scares me away, and yet at the same time, lures me in.

"I keep the door open," he starts. He turns around and pulls his sweatpants down, his ass popping out and taking me by surprise. My eyes widen before they revert their attention to the back of his head, waiting for the rest of his explanation.

"To let you know you're always free to join."

Oh.

An innocent smile steals my lips as I hop out of bed and rush into the bathroom, stripping myself bare of the nightgown I wear every night. I brush my teeth, and he lets the water run down on him for the few minutes he has to wait. Once I'm done freshening up, I wipe my mouth clean of any excess toothpaste and slide into the shower.

The shower itself is spacious, encased in glass walls. The shower head is a fancy one, obviously, because of the controls and different light settings it obtains. "Your shower head seems quite fancy," I voice out loud, staring more at him than at the shower head.

A smirk pulls on his lips, but he keeps his eyes on mine as he replies. "You can change the color and brightness of the lights."

That suddenly catches my interest more than he does. I turn around to the remote and stare at it before saying a childish, "I wanna see."

He laughs and turns me back around, forcing me to look back into his oh so intense eyes. "We can try that out another time," he whispers softly as he grips onto my shoulders.