Chapter five

"Bro are you ever going to get up" Elijah shoves my shoulder, waking me up.

I groan. "Go away. I just want to sleep"

"It's already one pm. You have to be at the dojo in an hour" I quickly sit up and rush out of bed. I enter the bathroom throwing a bunch of water on my face.

"What are you doing?" He asks me, standing at the doorway.

"Trying to wake me up a little. I told Tory I'd meet her before going. I don't want to be late"

"You're late to everything. There's no surprise there if you are" he laughs. I roll my eyes and push him out of the way, closing the door.

I take a long look at myself in the mirror and just stand there for a bit. I don't see the same girl that I saw back at my old home. I'm letting a stupid boy with a mohawk get in my head. If only there were more dojo's around here that I could join and not know anyone.

I throw on a pair of black workout leggings with a red cropped t-shirt, grabbing my bag, and walking into the living room where Elijah is on the couch watching tv. 

"Kendalls at work so he has the car. You're gonna have to walk" he tells me.

"That's fine. I gotta go now but I'll be home in a couple of hours. I should be home to make dinner if Kendall isn't." I hug him and walk out the door.

Walking a couple of streets I finally meet Tory where we said we'd meet halfway.

"Heyyy!" she says excitedly.

"Heyy"

"Are you excited?" she asks. We walk along the sidewalk of the main road.

I shrug. "Yes and no. I want to be but I'm not sure. I miss my old dojo. And everything with Hawk is just going to continue since he's there"

"Girl don't live your life around him. Just ignore him while you're there. He shouldn't be stopping you from doing what you love" she stops me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "You're a bad bitch. Don't let some dumb guy with a mohawk get to you"

"I don't know what I'd do without you," I tell her and smile.

"I know" she smirks and starts to walk away.

We arrive at the dojo late so the class has already started. When we walk in everyone is lined up in rows with Kreese and Lawerence at the front. And there he is, the guy with the bright blue mohawk right in front next to his best friend. I hate how just seeing him makes me feel. I lose my guard and everything that makes me..me. 

"Anyone thinks they have the balls to take on the champ?" Lawerence says. Tory starts to move forward out of the doorway.

"I'll take him on" Tory blurts out and everyone moves to the side, putting her in the middle and me behind her. "I saw your little show at valley fest. Can you guys actually fight?" 

"That sounds like a challenge" Lawerence snarks.

"I like a challenge" She's not afraid of anything or anyone. She knows she can beat Miguel and I know it too. 

"Mr. Diaz! Show her what you got" he pauses. "Grey! Upfront, next to Hawk" My eyes wanders to Hawks, and we both gulp. I make my way over to him and he moves to the side a little bit. The awkwardness is defiantly there.

I keep repeating what Tory said in my head. Just ignore him while you're there. Just ignore him while you're there. Just ignore him while you're there". And it's definitely not working.

Tory sends a kick right to Miguel's stomach, knocking him down. "alright game on" Miguel tells her, blocking everything she's throwing at him. Tory tries to throw another kick at him but he quickly grabs her leg, forcing her to the ground. When she gets us they fight for a while until Tory makes a move now forcing him to the ground while she does a front walkover over him. They're both talking to each other but not loud enough that everyone else can hear. 

Every once in a while I catch Hawk glancing over at me and staring for at least a minute. I honestly don't have anything to say to him. He made his point loud and clear yesterday. 

"So are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to say something?" I ask him annoyed. He turns his head back to Miguel and Tory and laughs. "What are you laughing at now?" 

"It's just funny watching you get so annoyed" I roll my eyes and ignore him

Tory walks over to me and Miguel walks to the other side of the room. "You did great" I smile at her. 

"Could have been better but I think I definitely made my point" 

 Lawerence walks into the middle of everyone. "Class is over. So leave" He then walks into his office. "Grey! Come in here!' he yells out. 

I look over at Tory and roll my eyes, walking away to his office. I turn around and Kreese is following behind me. I turn back around very confused and enter the room. He enters behind me and shuts the doors. "So how do you like it?" Lawerence asks me. 

"It's ok, I guess. I'm still not convinced"

"How come?" Kreese buts in. 

I cross my arms. "Well, how about one. You didn't have me fight, anyone." I say angrily. 

"Because I've already seen you fight. I never saw the other girl before and I needed her to show me what she knows."

"Ok then. Yes, I'll join your dojo but my talent has to be used in the right way. I'm not a dirty fighter unless I need to be. I want to fight in the tournament and I can assure you both I'll be your best fighter. But if you guys aren't like a family and more of just people who take karate, I'll be gone before you know it" 

"You won't be disappointed," Kreese says. They treat me like they'll die without me there like they need me. 

I walk out of the office and Hawk is standing right there waiting for me to leave. "Yes?" I ask him. 

"Can we go talk?" he asks. 

"I'm supposed to go meet with Tory" I pick up my bag and walk out the front door, he follows behind me. 

"She told me to tell you that she's going to the beach with Aisha. But I told her I'd take you home so she had nothing to worry about". He has to be lying. Tory would not do that after what I told her yesterday. 

"Fine. But take me right home".