Chapter six

We walk to his car and he rushes in front of me, opening the door for me. "I can get the door myself." I tell him. He shrugs and just stares at me. I roll my eyes and hop into his car and he shuts the door behind me. He walks to the other side and climbs in the drivers seat.

"Where's your crib?" he asks.

"Make a right out of here and I'll just tell you from there" My bags in my lap and my phone in my right hand. My fingers tapping up and down on my thigh.

I'll admit I am nervous, it would be weird if I wasn't. We've never really hung out on our own before, just us. Not without Miguel, his best friend Demetri, and well all of Cobra Kai.

He looks over at me to the right "Why are you so nervous? It's just me"

"I'm not nervous" I assure him. Letting him know how I feel would be a big no. It will make me seem week and desperate.

"Ok then. So are you going to tell me what your problem is with me? You haven't answered any of my texts and you said the other night that everything was fine between us"

"Well let's just see." I laugh slightly "This could take me all day. You proceeded to tell me how much you liked or hell even like me but then talked about your girlfriend. And the night of the tournament..."

"And the night of the tournament.." he repeats slowly. "I don't regret what happened that night Trystan" I look at him softly. I can feel my guard being let down, I don't need to be so tough around him.

"Nothing happened that night. You have a girlfriend and I... am doing just fine. Everything is fine" It's so much easier to say it then to actually feel like it. Everything was easier when I didn't live close to him and I could ignore hanging out with him.

"Come on Trystan"

"What! You wouldn't want your girlfriend to find out what happened that night and I don't want anyone else to find out what happened that night."

"You're right, I don't want her to find out. But like I already told you, i'm not ashamed of that night. So many good things happened that day"

"Take a left here" He ignores me and drives straight. "Where are you going, you missed the turn"

"I figured we could get dinner together since we obviously have a lot to talk about" he scoffs.

"I really can't. I need to make dinner for my brother" If Kendall finds out that I skipped on making dinner and spent money instead, he'll literally kill me.

"Then we'll pick up dinner and take some home for him" He laughs slightly.

"Hawk i'm serious. I don't have any money to waste on eating out." He laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask annoyed.

"You aren't going to be the one paying for it. Come on, just text your brother and tell him you'll be home in an hour and you'll bring him dinner"

I let out a harsh breath, laying my head in my hands. "I can only go if you're paying. But I can't be long, I really do need to get home"

A smile shines on his face. "Great!" he says excitedly.

It's weird, he acts differently when it's just us. He doesn't act like that big tough guy that everyone thinks he is. He isn't just that scary guy with a mohawk and huge tattoo on his back.

My finger continues to rapidly tap on my thigh, my anxiety is always acting up in situations like this. I don't have enough money to see a doctor and go on medication for it.

My eyes follow all the places and trees that we pass and they get lost in the sight. Maybe living here isn't so bad. A weight is placed onto my fingers and I quickly look over to see his hand wrapped around my fingers. My eyes don't move off our hands, making me more stressed out by the sudden move he just made.