chapter ten

Nope, I've made up my mind. I've been through this before. It's the exact reason I don't get my hopes up. Especially for guys with mohawks.

I pull on a pair of light mom jeans with a blue and grey cropped hoodie with my air forces. I can't explain how badly I don't want to go to work. It's only going to be me there, so that's nice.

"Where are you going?" Kendall asks.

"Work? Where else would I be going?" I grab a bowl out of the cabinet and pour some cereal in it.

"Not going to see Hawk?"

I stop what I'm doing and look at him. "No, I'm not going to see Hawk. I will not be seeing Hawk in awhile. Hawk is a bad person. Trystan does not be friends with bad people like Hawk"

He laughs. "Me and Elijah could have told you that from the beginning. But besides that, what happened? Did he hurt you?"

"No, he didn't hurt me. Just realized I don't want to be friends with someone like that and I deserve better then him" No way I would tell my brothers what happened between Hawk and I. None of their business and plus they'd just be mad at him anyway.

"Well, good for you."

"Can I eat my cereal now?"

"go for it. Just don't be late"

"Ok dad" I say, sarcastically. He rolls his eyes and walks away.

Once i'm done, I head to work. It's pretty slow, a couple of people in every hour. I've clean the counters, that look like they haven't been cleaned in years. The dirt that came off of them was crazy, I restocked the fridges, and made sure everything was in place. I call tory, since there's nothing else to do.

"Hey, what's up!"

"Wanna go to my job? I'm bored"

"I'm down. Be there soon" She hangs up.

15 minutes later she walks in. I feel like I haven't seen her in forever but it was just yesterday that I saw her.

"What's up!" She comes over with a huge smile on her face.

I laugh. "What's got you smiling so big"

"I hung out with Miguel last night!"

"That's great! How'd it go?" If both of my best friends get together, Id be so happy. They both deserve it. All I want to see is them both happy.

"It went well, actually. I think he's still caught on his ex though. He kept talking about her at apple bees yesterday. He was making some slideshow for her so he can prove to her how much he loves her. I just don't want to be a second choice to him"

"Sam yea. I think he's stuck on her because of how it ended. It was messy. But just give it some time. If he hasn't already, he'll realize how great you are and want you"

"Hopefully." she pauses. "Oh, yea. I forgot to mention we also made out"

My eyes go wide. "How do you forget to mention that! Get it girl!" We both laugh.

"So, how did it go with Hawk yesterday?"

My smile fades at the mention of his name. "I'd rather not talk about it"

"That bad huh?" I nod.

"We went back to my place. We almost hooked up but once he took his shirt off I noticed a tattoo on his chest. It was a mood"

"Holy shit! He really got a tattoo for her?"

"Yup" The door to the shop rings, we both turn our heads and notice a group of cobra kais walking in. Miguel, Assface, Bert, and of course, Hawk.

"Great" I mumble.

Miguel walks up to the counter with Hawk while everyone else walks around. "What's up ladies."

"Hey" Tory says but I stay quiet.

I don't need to ignore him, we can stay friends. Right? He has a girlfriend, that he obviously loves and I need to respect that.

"Today your first day working here?" Miguel asks me.

"Yea. I like it. I mean, it's not busy so that's nice" I act as if Hawk isn't even there. I don't have any words for him. I don't even care about the tattoo, it's that he got it yesterday and then said he was going to break up with her for me.

"That's good. What time are you done your shift?"

"In about two hours. Why?"

"You both want to hang out with us after? We're going to go to Hawks house and just hang for a bit" I look at Tory. Not sure if I want to since it's literally Hawks house.

"Sure, we'll be there" I give her a look and she just smiles at me. The last thing I want to do is be in Hawks house with Hawk. But there's no way i'm leaving her there by herself.

"Sweet" Miguel and Tory walk away to shop while Hawk stays in front of me. His eyes on stuck on me with his arms crossed.

"Can I help you with something?" I snark.

"We're going to talk when you come over"

"There's nothing to talk about. We had a moment and you have a girlfriend. It's in the past. Nothing happened"

"You're wrong about all of that but one thing. We did have a moment. But we need to talk about it" He said I was wrong about everything but one thing. Did something happen between him and moon? You know what, I don't want to know. It's none of my business and him telling me they're still together is just gonna disappoint me even more. "So, I'll see you later and we'll talk about it. I'll see you later, love"

"Boy, if you call me that one more time" He walks away laughing and goes over to Miguel. I don't understand how he can act like us kissing was fine when he is in a relationship.

Everyone walks up to the register and placing their snacks onto the counter. "Anything else?" I ask them.

"Are you tryna slip us some alcohol?" Hawk whispers.

"In your dreams. I need this job and I can't risk it right now. I'll bring some when I come over but I can't get it for you right now"

"Bet, ok." Miguel rolls his eyes.

"Ok, we'll we'll see you guys later." Miguel kisses Tory on the cheek and they all walk out. Her face is bright red with a huge smile.

"He obviously likes you Tory."

"You think? I just don't want to be a distraction to get his mind off Sam"

"I'm sure you aren't. I'll talk to him later for you"

"Thank you, thank you."

Two hours go by and I close up the store. Tory felt bad that I was there by myself so she stayed for the rest of my shift. Miguel sends us Hawks address so we head over.

"Are you nervous?"Tory asks me.

"For what?"

"Because we're at Hawks house and after what happened yesterday, I didn't think you'd want to talk to him"

I sigh. "I don't. But now we're going to be going to the same school, the same dojo. I'm always going to see him. We might as well just stay friends"

She laughs. "Friends. Right. You and Hawk are never going to be able to stay away from each other. There's something between the both of you that just pulls you together. I don't know but you'll see it. Once him and Moon are done, he'll show it more"

Maybe she's right. But he could do the same thing to me that he's doing to Moon right now. I like him But i'm done being the second choice to everything.