Chapted nine

The night before passed and no text from Hawk. Not one call, one word, nothing. The tattoo freaked me out and maybe it made him freak out. He has that in his head that he can do whatever he wants when he wants. And growing up in a home like mine, I know that's exactly what you can't do. They always say "Think of yourself" but when it comes to that, other people will think you're selfish. And in a situation like Hawk and mine, I can't do that.

The door knob to my living room creeks, the door opening. I look to my right and find Kendall walking in with Elijah following behind him.

"Did you miss us?" Elijah taps both of my shoulders, playfully.

I laugh, "Boy you wish"

Kendall laughs from the kitchen. "Tris can you help in the kitchen." I stand up off the couch and head to the kitchen.

The silence between us is loud. I know he knows that somethings up, he's just waiting for the right time to ask. He won't let it go for long. He has to fill in for that dad spot that he feels the need to always make sure everything's ok with me.

The bag of groceries drop from his hand onto the counter. I quickly turn to him with my eyebrows furrowed. "What did you-"

"What's going on?" He cuts me off. I called it.

I continue unloading everything. "What's going on is me unloading these groceries" I can't explain to him what happened because I know he'll be upset that Hawk was over without his knowledge.

"I know you better than anyone Trystan. Now what's wrong" He takes the bag from my hand and drops it onto the floor.

"How would you feel if someone told you how much they want you, they want to be with you but they have someone else also?" My brain is stuck. Like I can't spit out what i'm trying to say.

"I'd feel like shit"

"exactly. So leave me alone" I snap and walk away.