THIRTY-ONE.

"Okay, baby, come on out," Sadé heard as she stared at herself in the mirror in awe

"Okay, baby, come on out," Sadé heard as she stared at herself in the mirror in awe. Today was the final fitting of her wedding dress. Everyone was seated in the seamstresses parlor, her mother, grandmother, bridesmaids and little sister, all waiting to see the finished product with the veil and all.

She nodded at the call and pulled the curtain back, the seamstress holding the back of the dress up, helping Kash to walk up to the platform where she could be seen by everyone waiting.

"Oh my goodness," she heard a gasp as she came into view. She knew that was her mother. Bianca wasn't the most emotional mom in the world, but as the day of her daughter's wedding approached, she couldn't stop crying.

"Hi guys," she waved shyly. Nobody had actually seen the dress till today. She wanted to keep it a surprise for as long as possible, and seeing everyone's faces now made it all worth it.

"My baby!" Bianca hopped up, rushing over and grabbing her hands. "You look so beautiful, Sadé. Gorgeous," she gently thumbed over the back of her daughter's hands.

"T-thank you mama," she tried to stay strong, but seeing the tears in her mom's eyes made her lip tremble.

"Don't cry, mommy! It's okay," she cooed, wiping at Kash's face. "Here, turn so everybody can see you, precious," she turned Sadé around and they both caught glimpses at everyone's huge smiles at seeing the full dress.

"Wow, Dae," Aryn gasped. "You look beautiful," she fanned at her face. "Lawd don't make me emotional in here!" she giggled, making a still teary Kash laugh.

"Yeah, Siah is gonna lose it when he sees you," Vaeh nodded in knowing. "You look like a wife!" she squealed, causing everyone to do the same—even Skai, clapping her little hands together, getting laughs out of everyone.

After making sure everything was perfect—which it was, Kash took her final pictures in her dress. This would be the last time she'd be seeing it till the morning when she'd become Mrs. Sadé Parker, and to say she was excited was a complete understatement.

She was getting antsy at home, every other thought she had was either about the wedding, her vows, or some aspect of her future. Siah often caught her just staring off into space, and being himself, he disturbed her every time to see what she was thinking about, smirking when she'd admit it was him.

He turned her world completely upside down in the best way imaginable—she couldn't even imagine marrying him any later. Everything about them felt like it was meant to be, and she hoped she could express that to him when she said her vows.