SIX.

The next morning, Siah woke up in the exact position he fell asleep in, with Kash ok his chest, arm hugging him like he was gonna try to escape

"Sadé...aye, wake up," he spoke groggily, rubbing on her back. He knew her hangover was going to be terrible, and she'd be throwing up as soon as she came to, so he wanted to get her next to a toilet as soon as possible so she could just go back to sleep uninterrupted.

He knew from experience, waking up vomiting was not fun.

"Hmm? Stop," she whined and he shook his head.

"No, Sadé, you need to get in the bathroom," he said, moving his arms from around her and sliding his body away so he could get up and go around the bed to help her up. There was no bathroom attached to his room so he had to walk her down the hall.

Once he stood her up she started groaning, he knew he had to move fast. He walked with her, encouraging her to hold it in, because he didn't want to have to clean up after her at all.

As soon as they got in the bathroom she fell to her knees on the linoleum floor and started gagging over the toilet. He reached and moved her hair from her shoulders and held it behind her head.

Sadé hated to throw up, but he didn't know that, so when he saw her crying again he was confused. "It's gon be aight," he said, using his other hand to rub her back. He assumed it was over the same things she was crying for last night.

"I—" she coughed, about to speak before throwing up again, making him wince. It sounded very painful.

She got everything up, and was now sitting on the floor, leaned up against the wall after brushing her teeth—without throwing up again. "I feel like shit," she mumbled.

"I bet yo ass do, that's what happen when you drink half a fuckin bottle of vodka with no food on yo stomach, Sadé. I should whoop yo ass," he said seriously and she whined in response, covering her face with her hands.

"I'm sorry! It was just there and I was sad and—whatever. It's done now," she huffed.

"Ain't no whatever! If you hadn't fallen, and I—or somebody else ain' wake up, you would've gave yourself alcohol poisoning or some shit. I'm not tryna lecture you, but that shit is serious," he said.

"I know," she sighed. "It would have been our anniversary yesterday, I guess that's why I drank like that," she confessed. "It wasn't supposed to end up like that I'm sorry you had to see me that way," she continued, twiddling her thumbs so she wouldn't have to look at him.

"It's aight. I'm just...glad I woke up," he said. "And fuck him. I mean that,"

"Yeah," she responded after a short silence. "Siah, thank you," she smiled slightly. "For everything, last night and this morning," she said.

"No problem. I meant everything I said, don't forget it. And don't pull this shit again it Ima whoop you and I'm dead ass serious,"

"Whatever, Siah," she giggled and he kept his face straightened.