FOURTEEN.

"Listen, listen

"Listen, listen. Take a breath aight?" Siah said to Kash. "You're okay, Sadé, it's gon come," he assured her. He was at the airport, it was a week and a half before Christmas and he was coming back to Atlanta. The only reason he didn't stay was because he was trying to save some PTO for the summer months—just in case.

He was also trying to get Kash to calm down because she called him crying at 9:45 in the morning. Well for her. It was 8:45 for him.

"B-but this was my fourth interview, Siah," she wiped her face with a tissue. "I went to school for all this time and-and I made Dean's List and I had two internships to get me ready and it's not happening," she sniffed.

He knew the crying was definitely stemming from her fear of failure. Ever since he learned that about her he'd been noticing that she was kind of hard on herself. He even thought back to when she was in college and she'd beat herself up so bad for getting subpar grades.

It was also the disappointment, she was sad that she had so much to offer and had yet to get hired at any place except a company where there was a stalker nobody would handle properly. He didn't really know how she felt because Mr. Frank hired Siah and Khy right out of trade school, so he didn't know if he was consoling her correctly.

"It was your fourth interview, Dae. But what's meant for you gon come to you, you hear me? You're smart as hell, you know it, we all know it. You have good experience for a fresh college graduate. You're gonna get something, Sadé and it's gon be exactly what you needed. It's hard, I know but you gotta be patient," he said as gently as he could. He knew he had the tendency to make everything sound mean and he didn't wanna make her cry more.

"It's so hard," she sighed. "I just wanted it all to work out,"

"It's gon work out. Give yourself some time. You're gonna be just fine, right?" he asked and she nodded. "No, lemme hear you say it. I'm gonna be okay,"

"I'm gonna be okay," she muttered.

"And I miss my boyfriend," he smirked, trying to get her to smile, which only worked for like two seconds.

"And I really miss my boyfriend," she pouted more. "How long till you get back?"

"Flights in ten minutes, Dae. Ima see you soon aight? You know the code to my back door just gon' in there and wait for me downstairs. Take you a lil nap, and I'll be there when you get up,"

"Okay. Is that okay with your dad?" she asked.

"You so damn polite, it's fine. Dad, Sadé could come over and wait for me downstairs?" he asked because she was giving him a face.

"Huh?" he looked up from his book. "Boy I'on care—tell her where the keys at," he waved Siah off and he looked back down at the camera with a knowing face.

"Okay, okay. I'll be there in fifteen. Be safe okay?" she wiped her face some more and stood up getting ready to go.

"Mhm, get some sleep," he said and she nodded, then they got off the phone.