006

Madison felt confused. She knew how she was going to end it with Chris. But she knew she was scared. She was scared that if she did, then Max wouldn't want her

Part of her felt like Max only wanted her for sex. And it scared her. She didn't know what to do. She wiped away the tears from her eyes. She sighed knowing it was all getting to him. And she hated to admit it.

Madison sat in her car and sighed as she got to work. She stood from her car and smiled as she saw Max who stood across the car park. "Hey," she said.

Max looked to her and smirked. "Nice dress. I can't wait to pull you out of it," he said.

Madison rolled her eyes. She sighed. "Is that all you think about?" She asked.

Max smirked. "I'm kidding Mads. Are you sure that you're okay? You seem tense?" Max asked.

Madison sighed as she looked to him. "I guess I am. I don't know what it is. I'm scared about breaking up with Chris. I mean, do you still want me?" She said.

Max smiled and nodded. He looked to her. "You have no idea much I want you. You can't keep putting this off. If we're going to do this,  you have to end it with Chris," Max said.

Madison looked to him knowing that he was right.

****

Madison sat in the staffroom. She frowned as she looked to her sister. "Are you okay? You look like you're in a world of your own?" Megan asked as she sat down.

Madison looked at her and smiled. "I'm okay. I guess I'm just tired. And I'm thinking things over with Chris and me," she said.

"You're going to end it aren't you?" Megan asked.

  Madison sighed. "How could you tell?"

"Because I know you. I can see just how unhappy that you are. He tried to force having a baby on you. Look, you need to do what's best for you. And if it's ending it with Chris then so be it. Put yourself first. You only live once. And Chris is a big boy. And he will get over it," Megan said.

Madison looked to her and smiled. She knew Megan was right. And that she needed to stop thinking about other people. How they would react.

Especially when she needed to put herself first once and for all. She knew that she was going to hurt Chris. But she didn't want to be in a loveless relationship anymore. Especially as it wasn't fair on her after all.

****

Madison walked into the science lab. She saw Chris. He looked at her and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Madison smiled as she looked at him. "Yeah I am. Look, a lot has gone on with us lately. And we need to talk," she said.

Chris frowned. He looked over at her. "Why? What's going on? Is everything okay?" Chris asked.

Madison sighed. She looked down at the floor. And then over at him. She knew it was hard. And she hated that she was going to hurt him. But she couldn't do it anymore.

She couldn't lie to herself. "No. I'm sorry. But I can't do this anymore. It's over," she said.

Unaware of how everything was about to change.