prologue.

000 ⎯⎯ runaway

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━"𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐖."
Denki sighed into the phone, rolling onto his stomach. "Whyyy? I don't feel like moving." He groaned, Sero rolling his eyes on the other line.

"I'm not kidding bro, hurry up and get over here. Pack a bag." 

Denki raised a brow at this, "What? Am I spending the night?" He questioned, sitting up on his bed. "I don't know if I can, I have to finish these college applications."

Sero grinned, "No you don't, pack a bag and be over in 10. Bring all your necessities and money." With that, he hung up, leaving his friend speechless on the other line.

Denki rolled his eyes, lifting himself from the bed. He grabbed a random backpack and began stuffing clothes into it. He grabbed his charger, pocketing his phone and wallet, swiping a jacket from his closet.

"This shit better be worth it Sero."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm here!"

Denki kicked closed the door to his friends apartment, glancing around. He heard laughing echo through the hall and turned into the living room. On the couch was Sero along with a vaguely familiar girl. 

Her hair was messy on top of her head, her bangs pinned back. She had on Sero's Nirvana t-shirt and shorts that weren't very visible. Several necklaces hung from her collarbone and she had more piercings than Denki could count. 

She turned, her face lighting up. "Ki! You're here!"

At the sound of the nickname Denki's face contorted in memory. "Y/N?" The girl nodded, hopping up from the couch.  

The blonde recalled she used to hang out with their friend group in high school because she was Sero's "stoner buddy". The two often skipped class to smoke, it's a wonder they graduated. 

"It's been awhile! You ready?" She slung an arm over the boy's shoulder, grinning. Denki raised a brow, "Ready for what?" 

"To runaway of course!"

Denki's jaw dropped, his jacket falling out of his hand. "R-Runaway! What?!" Y/N chuckled, falling back onto the couch, her head landing in Sero's lap. He rolled his eyes, continuing to scroll on his phone.

"Adult life is so boring!" She started, stretching out her hands. "So lets runaway for a bit! Everyone's coming so you-!" She sat up, pointing to the blonde.

"You have to come!"

She smiled, her eyes glinting. "B-But I can't just leave." Denki Stuttered, making his way over to the couch. "It's fine dude, our lives can resume after one year." Sero glanced up, grinning. Y/N nodded in agreement, sighing satisfactorily.

"Alright you idiots lets get going!" 

The apartment door slammed open, Bakugou trudging inside with Kirishima and Mina following.

"Woo-hoo! Let's go!" Y/N jumped up from the couch, grabbing her backpack. Sero followed, stuffing his phone into his pocket. The group began to make their way outside, leaving Denki staring at the spot where they once stood.

"Running away? I can't do that." He looked to his hands, sighing. "But-"

"Ki! Hurry up!" Y/N stuck her head in the doorway, her face bright. Every inch of her was screaming excitement and adventure.

It intrigued him.

"C-Coming!"

↳ [Edited]
this is gonna be a fun book