7- Peace?

When would Jennette ever have peace?

Jennette awoke in her bedroom. She stared at the white ceilings. 'Huh!?' She thought questioningly. She sat up straight and patted her torso, her waist, her legs  then her hands went to the top of her head. 'I'm...I'm alive?!' Jennette's mouth fell agape in shock and confusion. She was so sure she died. 

I mean, it's not like you could feel that immense pain and not die...right? She got up and looked at her vanity's mirror. She looked 7 again. As if the past years of her life never happened. Jennette touched her cheek, plump with baby fat. Then again, even when she was old, Jennette's cheeks were still a bit plump but certainly less plump than this.

Her eyes softened at her reflection. She remembered the days where she was ignorant and lived in bliss. When even then she didn't have much fun but it was better than her teen years. Jennette continued wondering on how she was alive and back to her younger years. Is this what they call reincarnation?

Jennette didn't bother questioning it anymore. Everything was so quiet. All that could be heard was the sound of gushing winds, Jennette's dress ruffling and faint tweets of the birds outside. Jennette felt the need to venture outside and so she did. She got off from her vanity chair and ran out her room. She looked left and right in the hallway.

It was empty except for some servants cleaning some small tables and the windows, some were sweeping the floor. She wondered who had the bravery to drop rubbish around the Alpheus manor. "H-hello," Jennette said aloud, not conversing with anyone specifically but just to get the attention of some people.

Nobody looked to her, nobody stopped what they were doing, it was as if she wasn't even there. 'Am I invisible now?' Jennette pondered. She went up to a certain maid who was washing the large windows. "Uh, hello?" The maid stopped what she was doing before sighing and giving a forced smile and turning to Jennette.

"Yes?" she replied in a strained tone. Jennette's eyebrows curved nervously. All she wanted to do was to see if they could hear her or not, she hadn't thought about actually conversing with anyone. "N-nothing. I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work," Jennette muttered as she bowed slightly to the maid, her eyes squeezed shut in embarrassment.

The maid went silent before another sigh escaped her lips. Jennette flinched, she could tell she irritated the maid. 'I just wasted her time,' Jennette thought to herself guiltily. 'All for some attention,' she thought once more, realising her head had been awfully quiet. "Alright," the maid said before going back to cleaning the window.

Jennette stopped bowing and ran off. 'That was embarrassing,' she thought. Expecting something. Expecting someone. That was until she ran into Ijekiel. "Ohp- sorry, Jennette. Didn't see you there," Ijekiel said as he pulled Jennette away from him. Jennette's face was flushed with embarrassment.

"Ah- sorry, Ijekiel. I should've looked where I was going," Jennette returned, bringing her head down slightly in shame. "It's alright," he chuckled. "Besides I was the one who bumped into you," Jennette brought her head up to look at him nervously. "N-no! I wa-" before Jennette could finish her sentence, Ijekiel cut her off with another giggle.

He patted her head before walking off towards his room. Jennette turned to look at his direction. She saw him wave to the servants and them waving back. It left a bitter taste in Jennette's mouth. She shook it off as her being petty and jealous again. As a boyish voice used to tell her. She turned back to where she was originally heading, which was outside.

She ran out into the garden. It looked just as it used to. The oak trees, the box bushes, the shimmering lake, the bunnies and the birds, the white table where Jennette would have tea parties by herself. Jennette stood on the green grass, smell of fresh air rushing over her. She looked up to the blue sky and saw a lone white canary flying over her.

It seemed so free. But out of the corners of her eyes, Jennette caught a glimpse of a bundle of white crashing down from the sky. Her eyes widened as she ran over to the spot the bundle of white was crashing down to. When she reached the place she estimated the bundle of white would fall she saw an alluring sight.

It was the princess on top of Ijekiel, albeit they were younger than Jennette was used to. Jennette was a few meters away from them so they probably hadn't taken notice of her presence just yet. "An...an angel?" Ijekiel uttered out. The princess shot up and ran behind one of the oak trees. 

"Mi-miss angel?" Ijekiel called out. "Ah...sorry. Where are my manners? My name's Ijekiel Alpheus. What's yours?" he asked. Ijekiel was always so polite, she loved him a lot for that. "Y-you're not supposed to ask an angel their name...y-you know," the princess answered quietly. An angel? Did the princess not want Ijekiel to find out her true identity?

"Then...would you be alright if I called you miss angel?" Ijekiel questioned. A flush on his cheeks spreading to his ears. "Th-that's fine...I guess," the blonde mumbled back. Ijekiel took a step closer to the tree. "Wo-would you mind if I..." another step, "came closer to-to you?" he asked before taking another step closer.

Silence. Jennette took this as a sign that the princess definitely did not want Ijekiel near her and decided to intervene. Her cheeks had become red at the adorable situation in front of her, a bit disappointed she had to disrupt it. Waiting for something to happen. Someone to say something.

"I-Ijekiel! Wh-where are you???" she shouted out from behind a bush.  Ijekiel turned around and waved to Athanasia. "I'll see you some other time, miss angel," he said before rushing off to Jennette's direction. Jennette silently praised Ijekiel for being so smooth with his words, as if she could ever do that.

Her happiness was replaced with panic when Ijekiel appeared in front of her. "Yes, Jennette? Did you need something?" Ijekiel asked, his face smiling in utter glee. Jennette let out a small grin, she was happy for Ijekiel. But it was short lived when she realised she didn't call Ijekiel for anything except to get the princess out of the awkward situation.

"Uh..uh...erm...," she stuttered, struggling to come up with a reason as to why she called Ijekiel. "Jennette?" Ijekiel called out, his voice disrupting her train of thought. "Uh, would you like to have  a tea party with me?" Jennette asked as she pointed to the white round table. Ijekiel furrowed his brows and pushed her away as he headed for the door.

"Sorry, Jennette. I've got to study," Ijekiel replied as he entered the manor and left Jennette alone. Once again.

Jennette found herself missing something that was apart of her.