8- Tea time

Jennette was 10 years old now.

3 years had past since her 'reincarnation'. She has questioned it multiple times since she only ever had one regret in her past life. People have regrets, right? But not everyone is reincarnated. Jennette chose not to question it too much and thought about what to do with her life. Still no sign of 'It'.

Jennette thought it'd be a good idea to do what she couldn't do in her previous life. Number one? Actually build a family relationship with duke Alpheus. Back then, they had small chats but he was never around. Hence, often leaving Jennette alone with Ijekiel. And Ijekiel himself was always studying, leaving Jennette to have tea time with herself.

Jennette understood that people have their own things to do, which is why she never bothered them. But she felt more confident this time. In this life. 'This is a second attempt at life, right? Then why not be a little bit more risky?' She thought as she looked at herself in the mirror. Jennette had a determined look on her face and was wearing a frilly green dress.

(You can imagine what she's wearing in your own way, it doesn't matter.)

Jennette got off her vanity's stool and ran out in the hallways

Jennette got off her vanity's stool and ran out in the hallways. Just like the thousands or times before, only a few servants were in sight. Jennette had given up trying to talk to them since they obviously were annoyed by her presence.  Jennette had gotten better at ignoring their sighs and "ugh"s so she continued walking over to the duke's office.

Jennette had made it a habit to knock on his door at the very least 3 times in her previous life. Knock, "Mister Alpheus?" Another knock, "Mister Alpheus?" And another knock, "Mister Alph-" "Come in, Jennette," The duke shouted before she could finish. Jennette slowly creaked the door open and walked up to his desk, where he seemed to be going over some reports.

"What is it, Jennette?" He asked, never looking up from his papers. Jennette bowed sloppily and started getting nervous. "Uhm- uh," Roger finally looked up from his papers. Jennette's whole body was fidgeting, looking around, trying to find a topic of conversation, trying to remember what she was going to ask.

Roger out down his papers and put his entire focus on Jennette which made her a lot more nervous. "Come on now, we don't have all day," Roger told, his voice stoic and straightforward. Jennette gulped and stopped fidgeting, settling for gripping on the frills of her dress instead. "Uhm. Mister Alpheus...," Roger raised an eyebrow.

"Would you...uh...would you mind having...uhm...some tea with me?" Jennette mumbled, her voice squeaking at the last part. Jennette kept her gaze on Roger, who seemed to be a bit baffled, but caught himself right away. "Well, I must say, when you came in here all fidgety I thought you'd be asking me for money or the sort," he chuckled.

"Or maybe you had broken a vase. But to have tea with you? I wouldn't mind that at all," he spoke with a gentle smile. Jennette gave her own in response, her face immediately lighting up. "R-really?" Roger nodded, his smile unwavering. Jennette's eyes just seemed to light up even more(if that were even possible).