Chapter 6

Sorry I haven't updated in like, 5 days? :o I really am, but I have things to tend to so I've been busy, but THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH for reading, commenting, and voting! It keeps me extremely motivated and here is your next chapter for you PYTs ;D xx 

Btw: Happy Birthday Man In The Mirror! Check out that picture of Michael on the side and the song, both beautiful. 

This is dedicated to MJfanFORevah, thanks for everything love. x

_______________________________________

 A week later came by, and Ann was seriously contemplating on calling Michael again. Her head was so shaken up by the terrible thing she's done, she just doesn't think she can show herself to Michael without her filling with guilt. She hated herself for making the mistake she did, and she knows there's no way around it, Ann's in that period of time where you just want to crawl into a fetal position and die.

There was no way she was doing that, Julius barked at her yesterday for not setting up another interview with Michael. He's just a cruel man to Ann, just wanting her to get what he wants from celebrities, it made her feel sick, and she couldn't believe she started out her first job bashing Michael Jackson.

"You're gonna be famous kid! Once this story comes out everyone will know who you are!" Julius said a week ago, but Ann honestly decided she didn't want to become famous this way, if it was going to break hearts.

- - -

Michael slumped in his office chair, just staring into completely nothing, his mind elsewhere. These past few days Michael's been thinking of Ann non-stop, it's gotten so bad he'd mention her to his secetary all the time because he was lonely. He thinks he's annoyed his secretary too much already considering she rolls her eyes every time he mentions Ann.

He sighed, why hasn't she called back?

That simple yet confusing question has been bothering him for so long already.

Was it because she doesn't like him? Was it because he's cried in front of her she thinks he's weak? Has she abandoned him since she already got a story? 

Michael couldn't put his finger on it, but he really hoped it wasn't none of the above.

And then the phone rang.

Michael was in deep thinking when the loud noise erupted from his cellular phone, making him jump up a bit knocking down a few papers from his desk. 

'Dang it' he said quickly collecting all the papers from the floor and placing them back to his desk before answering. 

"Hello?" 

"Michael?"

Michael's heart raced. He recognized that voice anywhere. 

"Ann..." He breathed out, a huge smile forming across his face. He thought he looked goofy, wondering what Ann would think if she saw what she did to him.

"I'm really sorry for not calling in a while... I was.... busy."

"Oh! It's really no problem Ann! I figured."

Michael sighed in relief, all those questions he had gone now, but not realizing her guilt voice because he was just so happy.

"Yeah.... Umm well, would you like to meet me today for another interview? At around an hour or so, same place?"

Michael by this time was walking around in circles holding the phone close to his ear, hearing everything she had to say. 

"I'd like that Ann, see you then." 

With that he hung up quickly, doing a little signature move of his as a victory dance. He looked at the time 1:50 p.m.  He'd have to make it by 2:50 in order not to be late. Michael dashed to the shower to get ready.

2:30 

Ann was already quite ready for her interview with Michael. 

But she was nervous as ever.

She's already come to the conclusion: Pretend there are no feelings for Michael.

It's going to be extremely hard and hurtful, but she has to. She cannot afford to warm up to him, she has a job to carry and if she does then she'll feel even more guilty.

She's already had feelings for Michael, that's what hurts.

'Suck it up Ann, it's your job at stake' Ann's mind said, but her heart said otherwise.

She frowned a bit and got up to leave her apartment, she had to do what's best for the both of them.

Michael arrived shortly ten minutes before being late into the shop. He looked around to see if she was around, but to his dismay she hasn't arrived. He was a bit upset, but then again he looked at it him being too early so he shook it off. He sat himself at the booth where they were last time, suddenly remembering everything that occured that past week. He smiled weakly, those memories never failed to leave his mind after all.

His head hung low, so no one would have a visual look at him and recognize who he was. It was after a few minutes he heard soft footsteps heading his way and sitting down in the seat.

Michael looked up and his breathing stopped momentarily.

Ann was beautiful (rememeber she looks like Emma Waston, and she's certainly pretty).

Her breathtaking views almost knocked Michael out of his seat. He inhaled a good amount of air into his lungs for a while.

"Hello Ann." Michael smiled widely, he enjoyed her company.

"Hi." Ann did not look at him, but the few glances she made towards him she saw his beautiful features. How anyone could say he's not handsome she didn't understand. The man was breathtaking indeed.

Michael sensed the tension in the air, he saw Ann fidgeting in her seat clearly not wanting to be here. 

He got upset, she didn't want to be here with him.

She didn't want to be here with him.

He cursed himself. He should have seen it coming. She never liked him, what was he thinking? Why would she want to anyways? Why did he get his hopes up?

More tension after the past five minutes. Michael's eyes were watering, tears threatening to escape his eyes. Ann still not dared to look at him, his world crashing down again.

How could he have been stupid enough to think she'd like him.

He gulped, before getting up from the booth. 

Ann finally looked up, her eyes gleaming.

"I... gotta go." Michael said his voice cracking, running out of the cafe and just going wherever his legs would take him.

"Michael wait!" He heard Ann behind him, pleading to come back. Michael did not look back. He couldn't afford to. It'd hurt to much.

And so he kept running.

- - -

I know it's a bit sad, sorry for that. ): All will make sense in the future, you'll see. x