Chapter 5

Trigger Warnings: mature language, mentions of gun

You raise your head just to see that it's Lou. She gently asks you "How's my guest doing?". You're confused and you snap at her "Oh how lovely that you knocked before you came in. Almost feels like I wasn't kidnapped at all." Lou smiles at you and despises your tone. She shuts the door behind her as she keeps walking to a chair in the room.

She sits down on the other side of the room and starts lecturing "You don't have to be so bitter. Anyone less compassionate than myself would have brought you here not caring if you were at one piece or not. And you'd be in the basement instead of this bedroom."

Immediately as she has stopped you jump right up. You see red. You try to get yourself together before exploding. You look at the floor and you just feel how the words are going to come out of your mouth any second, you can't control yourself. "Oh fuck off. Have you ever, genuinely just flirted with a woman in a bar and then all of a sudden you end up being gun pointed at by her?" you pause for a second. You sarcastically move on "oh yeah, me neither. Just a hypothetical question," you add a fake smile as you finish.

Lou looks at you. She's very surprised. She thought that you would have been crying here, asking for mercy or something else. But you're feisty. She doesn't say anything, just waits if you have something to add. Of course you do.

"I have nothing to offer to you. Literally nothing, I don't know anything about my fathers business." you go on as you start walking towards Lou. When you're just inches away from her, you can't look her in the eyes when you ask "What do you want me to do?". You patiently wait for her ideas.

Lou smirks and chuckles just a bit. You can notice the confidence again in her. She looks away and she's clearly thinking of something because she's not talking yet. Just smirking.

"I don't want anything from you, you know. You're just a tool to get back at your father. This is purely a revenge case." She gives you a sharp look as she goes "Your father has some crimes to pay for and I'm just here making sure he gets what's coming to him."

You don't think at all you just blurt it out "Why don't you face it fairly and not be a pussy taking her daughter instead of facing him directly?" as you sit down on a chair you sight "You know what? Just forget it." You add silently "You're a pussy".

"You think I'm being a pussy?" she asks. She's feeling the flames of anger that start to ignite with your words. She doesn't even think as she stands up from the chair with enough power to be tipping the chair behind her. She turns to you and leans forward. Her hands are on both of the armrests and she traps you there. You just stare at her, mouth almost open by shock.

"Your father killed Danny. He was like a brother to me and he meant so much to Debbie. Danny was nothing but a good man in need of a job and your father thought that he was a traitor just because of what? He killed him out of spite. So excuse me if I want revenge. Princess."

Lou tries to keep her voice even and begs for herself not to start crying in front of you. She even hopes that you would say something that would make her go more mad at you. Now you can't really think of your next move. You have to catch your breath and you mumble "I-I'm sorry, i didn't know that". As soon as those words slipped out of your mouth you just stood up. You wrapped your arms around Lou and you held her tight. Just for a second.

Lou thought that you would have answered her with hate, but she was surprised about the hug. She wrapped her hands around your waist and in the matter of seconds the hug lasted, she felt that someone cares. You flinch when you realize you're hugging her. You know you've fucked up big time.

As you back away from the warm hug, the chair behind you stops you from moving more. You're searching for any clues, any crumbs of facial expression but nothing. Lou stands there quietly and doesn't even look at you.

She's still trying to process everything. She even feels bad that you've backed away from the hug like it was a mistake. She feels sad that the only thing keeping you even this close is the chair behind you. "I-I'll just leave you alone for now," she goes, still with a straight face. Lou then turns around and leaves. All the power that Lou usually has, well there was no sign of that in those last minutes.

Now you just stand there, not knowing what to do with a numb feeling.