Chapter 10

You wake up, still laying right besides Lou. You notice that she's awake too.  In that moment you don't feel like any words could explain how you feel. You're feeling slightly embarrassed but none of it seems to matter as you feel her warmth. It feels somehow nice to lay there. There has never been a human being who has held you like she held you last night after the nightmare.

"Oh you're awake," Lou says with a raspy morning voice. You look slightly up so you can see her face, she's uncomfortable. For the first time she looks like she doesn't know what to do. You feel the disappointment rushing over the other feelings. 'Why am I so stupid?' you think. 'Of course she's uncomfortable. I don't even really know her.'

"I'm sorry about the night, I didn't mean to disturb you," you sight. "There's not many nights that I don't have nightmares". Lou nods, she's clearly thinking of something to say or if to say anything at all.

"May I ask what's happening in them?" Lou shyly says. Tears are forming into your eyes "Umm I-I have..." Your voice is shaking and you feel like you can't form a sentence at all. Your eyes are hurting 'cause you're trying so hard not to let the tears fall on your cheeks, making you look weak. You don't want to look weak to her. You're still struggling to tell her but the moment goes as you hear a knock on the door.

Lou jumps out of the bed, she glances at you and sees the tears. "Oh Y/N I'm-I'm sorry," that's all she manages to say before the front door opens. You keep swiping the tears off and get up too. You can already hear familiar voices.

"Hey what's up," Debbie says while she walks inside, behind her there's Tammy "It was such a long ride".

"How are you here already?" Lou asks completely in shock and the rasp in her voice. She managed to get herself out of the bedroom.

"Plan change," Debbie says. "And well it's not like we can't come here. Sheese, you look like you just woke up".

"Well I did, because I didn't know you guys were coming today or even this week. Why the hell didn't you call before coming?" Lou asks Debbie with now pure irritation in her voice.

"There was no time. We really had to hurry... Where's Y/N I need to speak to her," Debbie confronts Lou with at least the same amount of irritation in her voice as Lou had. As Debbie starts walking around the apartment looking for you, Tammy gives Lou a worried look, "everything didn't go so well" she nearly whispers. Debbie opens the bedroom door that Lou had closed to give you some privacy from the unexpected quests.

She walks straight towards you, "He-", she doesn't wait for you to speak further as she grabs you from the throat and pushes you against the wall. You struggle, you couldn't even guess that Debbie has so much strength. "Where is he?" she asks.

"Where is who?"

A sharp pain flashes on your cheek. 'What the hell, she slapped me?' you think.

"Where is your father? He took two of my men".

"I have no idea," you're not lying. You don't have any idea of anything your father does. And again. Sharp pain. This time you whimper, your skin is reddish from the slaps.

Lou storms to the bedroom. "Debbie calm the fuck down," she orders as she gets hold of her hands. As her hands let you go you collapse to the floor, it's hurting and you feel like you can finally breathe somehow. You take a couple of deep breaths, but still can't quite get up. At the same time Lou is furiously talking to Debbie about how she has gotten over lines and that she should take a break.

"I have gotten over lines? You think that I don't know what's going on here? You're probably already playing house with her. I know how you are! You're clingy, you pretend you're not but you are. You seek power and attention all the fucking time! You have no real authority. You are weak, Lou," Debbie bursts.

You're still on the floor looking at Debbie and Lou in shock. The tension is so high. You couldn't expect anything like that from Debbie. They don't stop staring at each other, until Debbie just leaves. She almost runs to the front door, slams it closed behind her and you can even slightly hear her slamming car doors outside.

"Shit, my clothes were in that car," Tammy says with a sigh in the living room.