Mixing radiant colours with grey, forming a new shade she stroked the bristles of paint brush on canvas desolate of any colour except white

Mixing radiant colours with grey, forming a new shade she stroked the bristles of paint brush on canvas desolate of any colour except white. A small smiled tugged on her lips as she continued filling canvas with different colours and shades. Some lone strand of her thick ebony hairs coming between her and her art, she grumbled keeping them behind her ear and bite her lower lip, thinking deeply.

A grin spread on her lips as she completed her painting, the scenerio she captured in her mind few days ago of orange and red hue covered sky giving farewell to the sun as it kept on going down.

Her grinned replaced by frown as she heard knock on her door. Keeping painting equipment aside on table she padded toward door to open it and her mother entered room.

"Your father has called you in his study room in urgency," Her mother spoke, eyeing the canvas behind her and went outside not before rolling out her eyes.

Exhaling heavily, she first decided to wash her hands and her face to look representative in front of her father before it gave any opportunity to him to scold her.

After ten minutes she found herself outside at the door of her father's study room. Knocking softly, she asked permission and after getting permission she entered. Finding her mother seated on couch beside bookshelf she took seat in front of her father who was seated on office chair behind the huge mahogany wooden table.

"Yes dad, you asked for me."

"Yes, I got informed by Mishra ji that you didn't completed the project layout when we have got meeting to attend with sponsors two days later. How can you be so irresponsible Anaya," Her father removed his reading glasses, keeping them on table and looked at her in disappointment.

She looked at her hand with laid down on her lap, feeling guilty and replied, "I'm sorry dad I was about to start it but before I could start preparing the layout. A fault occured in the contract we signed last week, which was under Mishra ji only. I had to go through the whole contract to find that error which took my whole day. But obviously Mishra ji must have not told you about that."

"Okay, but next time please be more focused. We can't afford any negligence from our side when it could easily affect our company," He uttered getting simply nod from her when she asked if she could leave or he had to discuss about anything important.

"We've got a formal party to attend tomorrow. There are gonna be businessmen from all the parts of India, so you better come with me."

Wrinkling her nose in dismay she nodded nonetheless and left. Instead of going back to her room, she decided to roam on terrace for sometime.

She gazed the sky which was hidden behind the sheath of greyish clouds and once in a while, the moon peeking through it. She smiled at moving clouds which were making their way in the direction of air blew. With closed eyes, she enjoyed the air parting through her, softly touching her as her hairs flew in a direction.