● ⅲ ●

She shook her head on her mother's stubbornness. She had told her to stop taking all the stress and take rest before the baraat reach there but no, her mother, one of the stubborn lady she had ever met.

"Maa stop it, and here drink this," She forwarded the juice her mother ordered her to drink but she decide other way.

"What! No. I have work to do, arrangements to check. Uff bahut kaam hai," Memorizing all the work to herself, she walked toward the door to complete the pending work but her daughter stopped her.

"Everything will be done. People are doing work, right. Don't worry please. For me," She whispered last words with hope in her eyes and voice. Her mother sighed and caressed her face before hugging her tightly to her chest.

"Mera bacha," She tried controlling her tears but failed as a sob left her mouth. Her daughter's heart broke, seeing her mother crying and hurriedly wipe those tears who threatened to fall.

"Don't cry varna meine nahi jaana kahi bhi," She pouted, controlling her own emotions for her mother's sake.

"Okay. Happy now. " Her mother wiped her face and laughed with her daughter to snuggle to her neck.

"Now get ready fast. Meher will be coming soon with beautician who will help you with dress and makeup, till then i will check arrangements and i also have to get ready. Meri ek lauti beti ku shadi jo hai," She instructed her and winked at last before exiting the room.

Marriage was happening in their own house as per her dadu's wish.

Soon beauticians and meher came and the task started of making bride ready. It took them three hours to make her ready, with finished makeup and hairdo. She quietly sat on bed, glancing at her heena which she applied late night on sangeet. She traced the design as a smile linger on her face.

"Why are you smiling. Tell us. May be thinking of wedding night," Meher teased her as beautician left and sat beside her.

"What. No. I am not thinking about wedding night," She pouted, thinking actually why didn't she think about that before. The wedding night. May be the professor's image did this, he could be anything but romantic. Geez! Never.

"Why didn't you. It wouldn't be fair for jiju," Meher wriggled her eyebrows, pushing her shoulder to stumble with suhana's shoulder.

"I don't think, he knows any move," She said making faces. He didn't look frank and carefree like her.

"Who knows."

"But you can initiate the things. You know."

Suhana laughed on her cousin's suggestion. Even if she tried anything, he sure would kick her out of the room for misbehaving.

"Why would i. I don't even know him properly," She didn't say anything about kicking part.

"He's your teacher that means you know him and why can't you. He is handsome and nice guy. Getting intimate with your husband is no crime even by this you two can go along easily," Meher explained her theory. Suhana looked at her weirdly, trying to absorb the words she said a moment ago.

"Theek theek. Apna gyan apne paas rakh. I will see ki mujhe kya karna hai," She winked on last words making her cousin chuckle. And the teasing continued for few minutes when they heard music of band which meant the baraat had came. Suhana tried to peek through window but meher somehow stopped her, not before cursing her for not letting her see the baraat. After sometime, they heard knock on door, meher move toward door and open it which revealed suhana's best friend creepily grinning at meher.