"Sonu meri darling
Jaane meri jaaneman
Baspan ka kya pyaar
mera bhool nahi jaana re"

High pitched sound echoed in the dark room, startling the person, making him fell off the bed who was sleeping soundly. A groan left his mouth as his butts touched the ground with thud.

"Anaya!! I will kill you," He mumbled, rubbing his butts when he managed to get up.

"Jaldi bata kya kaam hai, subah ke 2 baj rahe hai. Khud toh soti nahi hai, bhootni kahin ki. Na hi mujhe sone deti hai," He swipe on the screen of his phone, muttering.
(Hurry up what's the matter, it's freaking 2 AM. You-yourself don't sleep, like a Ghost. Neither you let me sleep peacefully)

"Arey calm down, actually I was working on a painting. So I couldn't sleep and now I'm craving for some ice cream. Wanna join me?" Anaya giggled from other side, as she knew how much her best friend loves his sleep.

"You paying ?" His ears perked up, hearing 'ice cream'. He might love his sleep but food comes in exception. Who would refuse offer like this, at least not him!

"Alright, I will."

"I'll meet you at the end of the street. And you're taking your car," He disconnected call before she could argue.

Slipping cotton t-shirt over his body, he wore his slipper and took wallet and phone. He tip toed make his way out of his house, so quietly. It took him years to be professionally sneak in and out of the house like this.

Whistling softly, he reached at the end of street where his best friend was waiting for him like she should. He grinned knocking at the window of passanger seat, she waved unlocking the door as he slipping into the car.

"Aise hi hum gareebo ko yaad karti raha kar," Veer chuckled connecting his phone to music system of the car his best friend owned.
(Like this, always remember poor fellows like me)

She nodded keeping her eyes fixed on empty road. She changed gear, taking right turn on the road when veer said.

"Let's go to the new ice parlour, opened last month. I read reviews online which were quite impressive and plus point, parlours is always open, like 24/7," He screamed in high pitch, making anaya close her eyes as she felt herself getting deaf with sudden scream.

"Stop screaming like a freak. You freak," She mumbled, speeding up the accelerator.

"Sorry," He sheepishly smiled when she glared at him.

Anaya parked her car in front of lavish ice cream parlor and tossed her credit card at his direction, "Go and get my usual."

"Yes ma'am," He saluted her before scampering out, leaving her behind shaking her head.

She leaned against the seat, closing her eyes relishing the peaceful silence nature provided with cold breezes blew around and touching her body as window glass were rolled down. She rested her head on the window looking at nowhere particular when her silvery eyes paused on her best friend through the giant glasses of the building. She smiled watching her best friend scratching his curly walnut hairs in clear confusion of choosing flavour of ice cream. What a carefree soul he was, Touchwood. It always amazed her, the way he carried his persona, nothing less than an inspiration for her.