4

i'm the tree,
and you're the roots in me,
the foundation of my strength,
in every calamity-
i'm the surfer,
and you're the deepest sea,
i wouldn't mind drowning,
as long as you're here with me-
everyone's a sinner,
but you're an angel to me,
don't ask all the reasons,
why it has to be you,
just be here and stay with me.

because when the night strikes at 3-
you are still my favorite,
place,
topic,
and harmony;
the one that resembles the moon,
and its beauty.
the clock strikes at demon hours,
yet you are still my thoughts-
the one that eases me,
when the night is deep,
and as the loneliness hugs me.

because, Jennie...
you are the peace and future in me.

JENNIE'S POV.

"Chan rak khun." Lisa smiled from across the table. I halted from looking at the city view of Bangkok and pivot around to catch her gaze.

"What?" I furrowed my brows in perplexity making her let out a miniature chortle.

"Chan rak khun means I love you in Thai." She explained with a grin, all the blood suddenly rushed up through my cheeks, making me look like a blushing mess at her randomness.

"Chan rak khun too." I replied, my gummy smile showing off radiantly. Lisa shakes her head and laughed a little.

"You don't say Chan rak khun too, love. It should be Chan gor rak khun, it means I love you too." She explained sweetly as I made an O expression which seems to amused her.

"Right. Chan gor rak khun." I giggled while speaking the words out slowly, her grin never leaving her face.

"I told you this before though." Lisa said and I just cutely smiled at her.

"I forgot that one, I only remember few of them."

"Like?" She pressed, raising her left brow at me.

"Lisa, khun suu-way jang loei ka." I said softly as I refuse to break eye contact with her.

"You are beautiful too, Nini." She smiled and pinched my cheeks.

"Khun yim suu-way ka." I uttered, remembering the phrases that she taught me before.

"Well, then that makes the both of us because I think your gummy smile's beautiful too." She said while chuckling through each words that made my smile grow even more, my jaw kinda hurting but I didn't mind.

"Bangkok's beautiful." I stated, trying to change the subject as I turn my direction back on the view.

This is the first time I went to Thailand, Lisa's hometown, and I'm glad that it's with her. Lisa's family is very welcoming, they made me feel at ease and makes sure I feel at home. They never treated me like I am just Lisa's girlfriend, they treat me as a member of the family and I couldn't help but grew attach to them even more.

"Wait until the sunset. Bangkok's even more beautiful at night. The busy streets seems so refreshing from up here." She stated that cut me off from my thoughts.

Lisa reserved the VIP lounge in this roof deck fancy eating house so we could catch a gaze of the full view of Bangkok beneath us.

"Come on. It's 6:40 P.M. Let's get a closer view of the sunset." Lisa stood up from her seat and reached out for my hand which I quickly accepted. She interweave our fingers as we amble towards the railings of the roof deck.