10

"Love, can you at least eat, please?" The Thai begged at the feline beauty. The latter just shook her head in response, making Lisa heave a deep sigh. 

"Jen, please. It's been days since you had your last appetite. It's not healthy..." The taller girl announced simultaneously frowning as she occupied the space beside the brunette.

"I'm not hungry." Jennie simply answered back in a weak voice, not making any eye contact with the demoiselle beside her.

"I know this is hard for you, Jen but you got to understand that you should take care of yourself too. Do you think your dad will be happy if he finds out you are doing this to yourself because he is in a hospital bed?" Lisa tried to knock some sense in to her girlfriend's head but nothing seems to be working out.

Shaking her head, Jennie replied, "You can't expect me to be okay after what happened to him. It's only been three years since I reunited with my dad and I've waited this for so long..." Her voice started cracking as the tears formed in her eyes.

"Three years isn't enough for the time he was gone in my life. Three years is so short, I still want to spend another years with him. I've lost him before, Lisa... and I can't bear losing him again. Not this time. Not now that I've picked up my shattered pieces." Jennie cried, her heart aching at the thought of losing her father for the second time around.

"I know, love and I understand you. A lot... but I just can't bear seeing you like this again. I don't want you to go through what you already went through. I'm here, Jen. I'm always here for you... so, please... do not lock yourself up inside that dark cage again." The Thai sighed, tears glimmering in her eyes as she tried her best to suppressed it from falling out.

"I don't want you to lose yourself again." With a cracked voice and a heavy heart, Lisa instantaneously wrapped her arms around the feline beauty simultaneously burying her head on the crook of the latter's neck.

"I don't want it to happen either. Maybe, I just need some time and some space to process things." Jennie spoke, not bothering to response from the hug. Lisa's body froze upon hearing her girlfriend's choice of words, her throat suddenly became dry.

"This... this just feels heavy, Lili. Even heavier than before but at least I know I have you here with me, right?" Jennie cough at the end of her sentence with the tears streaming down her face, a sad smile plastered on her sole features.

A relief washed over Lisa's tensed muscles, she hastily tilted her head up and simpered brightly at Jennie, "You have me. Of course, you do. You have me always and forever, Nini." Lisa spoke ever so softly before placing a gentle peck on the latter's temples.

"I love you, Jen. You know I'll do everything just to see and make you happy." She continued with so much sincerity and adoration lacing through her voice. Jennie nodded her head with a small smile.

"So can you now please get out of our room and eat breakfast with me? You know, it's so sad and lonely to eat all by yourself." Lisa let out a miniscule chortle which caused Jennie to mirror her actions.

"Please?" Lisa pleaded while pouting and giving the latter a puppy look. Jennie nodded her head in an instant before pecking Lisa's lips, slightly feeling better.

"You always know how to make me feel better and I love you even more for that." Jennie announced through muted tones while locking her gaze towards the Thai before engulfing her in to a vehement hug simultaneously inhaling her sweet aroma.