Cassian X Reader

AU NOTE:The artwork above is not mine, but i put it as a reference for one of the lasf scenes of this one-shot!!!
Enjoy❤️

Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm popping up here to announce that I've started a new book and I'd really appreciate it if you would go check it out and give it your support <3 I know I haven't been active the last few months but life has been busy and I had absolutely no time to come up with new interesting plots to write about. Once again please excuse my lack of new chapters and please,go check out my new book it would mean a lot to me! New chapters are coming soon!!! (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Y/N's POV:
''Get your sweet ass up baby, we're going flying''-I heard Cassian say,as he shot into my room like an arrow.His voice filled with excitement,eyes filled with sparkles I haven't seen before. Well someone is in a good mood today.

''Well that's something new Cass,what's with the sudden surprises?''-I let out a laugh,going to his,my arms circling around his waist.
I missed his presence,his scent,but his kisses the most.
He's been away on missions very often lately,leaving me on my own at our apartment.

''I've been away for too long these months,so I decided,why not make this day all about me and my beautiful girl so I can make up to her for leaving her alone so often.''-he said,lips peppering my face with those kisses I missed so much.

''Okay then General,if you insist.Just give me a few minutes to change my clothing.''- I smiled,diving into my closet,looking for something that would not show my undergarments to the entire Velaris while flying.

Timeskip

''Slow down Cassian''-I screamed,my head hiding in his neck,while he flew above beautiful Velaris.It was my first time leaving the solid ground,so of course he decided to test my heart's limits.

''If you don't go fast what's the point of even trying.''-shouted Cassian,laughing at the same time.Goofy bastard.

My wings were clipped when I was just 11,never got the opportunity to use them before they were taken away from me.Flying with Cassian right now made me even jealous, him having his wings-the pride of every Illyrian male.

Deep in my thoughts I didn't realize we've landed until I felt Cass' hands leave my body.

''After our little adventure in the air, I have planned a picnic for us,with the help of no one other than Morrigan herself.''-he explained.

''Okay then let's see how you two did.I'm starving.''-I licked my lips,mouth-watering as I could smell the food waiting for us from a distance.

For the rest of the day we spent our time together,hugging,kissing,laughing and making more happy moments together. I really needed them. I grew up with 3 brothers, I was always alone,never had the opportunity to be with my family members.When me and Cassian met I was running away from my war camp,trying to cover my tracks.He helped me when I needed it most,taking me under his wing,ironic right?

As time went on we got closer,me meeting the Inner Circle and making new friends was something I always dreamed of.Later on we became lovers,mee moving in with him,starting our life together.

''And the last destination for today,is a very special place for me ,hidden in the mountains ,where I usually go stargazing when I feel like I need time alone.But now I think I should take you there too,you're just as special to me.''-finished Cassian,his voice mumbled as he was teasing my neck with those addicting kisses of his.

''If we don't leave now,loverboy, I don't think we'll make it where you were about to take me.''-I said,ending his intimate moment.

''Whatever the lady wishes for''-he stood up,scooping me up once again,shooting us up in the sky. I wonder where this place is going to be.

Another time skip

We arrived at a beautiful clearing hidden in the middle of the woods,the sun was setting down and it was breathtaking.

''I hope you like it here.I've never taken anyone to this place before.You're the first one.''-explained Cassian. The first one huh? I must be special then. I told myself.

''We'll let's wait and see how the view of the night sky is and I'll tell you if I like it or not.''- I teased,giving him one more kiss.

''Okay then,let's settle and wait for the stars to come up.''-Cassian added,laying the blanket down once again.

We've been here for almost an hour,and let me tell you.It was absolutely beautiful.We even saw a few shooting stars,Cass making me wish for something.The only thing I ever wanted was him,me and him,living a happy life together till the end of our time.

''Baby,can I please have your eyes look at me for a second?''-asked Cassian,a string of nervousness detectable in his voice.The bid,bag General was nervous,so I thought.

''What is it Cass?''-I asked,I took my eyes down from the night sky,looking into his beautiful,rough face.This man.

''So I have been thinking about this for a long time and I guess I finally collected the courage needed to do it.Here I am,asking you from the bottom of my heart: Will you marry me?''-he said,at the same time getting into a kneeling position,one hand holding mine,the other one taking out of his pocket a red,velvet box,containing the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.This man, I thought once again.

''Cass…''-I sighed out,but he interrupted me before I could finish.

''I know it is probably very unexpected for you and I caught you off guard.We never talked about marrying each other before,but please,accept me as your husband.Let me give you the world and the happy life you've always wanted.Please…please''-he finished,barely saying the last part,his voice cracking up.

He thought I was going to say no.

''If you are not ready and I am rushing things I am sorry.I thought it was the correct timing.I am such a fool''-he gave up. My silence giving him the wrong expression.Damn you Y/N.

''Wait Cassian,who said my answer was no,baby.Yes you caught me off guard,but I would never say no.Yes,my answer is yes.Of course I am going to marry you.I love you''-I said,throwing myself on him,giving him a passionate kiss.

Right at that same moment,both of us felt a giddy feeling deep inside of us,and there there was it- a mating bond,snapping into place.

''My love,my fiancé…my mate''-whispered Cassian,lips grazing mine.

''Oh Cass.''- muttered as he slipped the beautiful ring on my ring finger.
We spent maybe another half an hour,exchanging kisses  into each other's arms before he took both of us back home,where we spent the rest of the night not sleeping but exploring our bodies and the newly found mating bond.

The next morning

I woke up,surrounded by a muscular body,protecting me from the  cold morning air.Looking down at my hand I admired the ring Cass gave me the night before.He was mine and I was his,no one else's.

As I was remembering memories from the last night,I heard loud knocks on the door,whoever it was woke Cassian up too.

''Damn those people,they couldn't wait a few more hours before checking up on us.''-rasped out Cassian with his sexy,morning voice.If there wasn't someone waiting at the door, I would've let him take me once again,right now.

''I'm up, I'm up,stop banging on the door please.''- I shouted,wrapping a robe around my body,heading for the door.

As I opened it ,there was no one other than Mor,Feyre and Nesta,wide grins on their faces.

''So…did he ask?''-asked Mor,smiling wide from side to side.

''Yes,yes he did…AND I SAID YES!''-the four of us started screaming,getting together for a big hug.

''Finally he did it, I was starting to think he gave up from fear.''-said Nesta.

''I am so happy, he said he is ready to give me the happy life I have always dreamed of.I can't wait.''-I added , as I started dreaming of our shared future.