Varian x Reader

AU Note: sorry for the time skips besties I just didn't habe tje patience to describe all of it. ❤️❤️

Summary: Even the fact that Varian and Y/N are mates is not enough to stop Amren from pursuing what she wants. All this leads to a blood duel between Amren and Y/N.

Y/N and Varian just got reunited after being separated for nearly a month. Right now, they were in hed fulfilling both their needs as her small body was riding his bigger, muscular one.

"Oh Varian."- Y/N moaned as she was coming close to her release, letting her mate know as he was also close.

"Give it to me love, let it all out."-rasped out Varian as  he filled her with his seed right after saying that.

"I love you, and I missed you, so much, Var." - muttered Y/N as she let her body fall over her mate's, both of them breathing hard, trying to collect their thoughts and heartbeats.

"I love you too, Y/N. I never imagined being with my mate would make me feel so much more love and pleasure." - he said, leaving small kisses on his mate's neck, fingers buried in her golden curls.

What they didn't know was that right out side the door of their chambers, Amren was listening. Her anger becoming grater with every word she heard.

She had her eyes set on Varian ling before he met his mate, but even after they discovered each other that wasn't enough to stop Amren for going after what she desired. And right now she desires Varian, and she was going to do everything in her power to get him. Even if it meant killing her so called opponent.

Y/N's POV:

I have just gotten out of the bathroom, my body still wrapped in a silk robe that Varian gifted me not long ago, when I heard the door opening without someone even knocking.

You can imagine my surprise when I saw Amren standing in the middle of me and my mate's shared room.
Me and her never succeeded in getting along together, mostly because of her feelings towards my mate. She tried a lot of things in order to make Varian leave me, but nothing seemed to work. Out bond was stronger than everything, even death.

"Amren, wha... what are you doing here?" - I asked, surprise evident in my voice.

"I came here because I challenge you, on a blood duel. The winner gets to spend the rest of their live with Varian. You have no other option other than to accept. Once said out loud the challenge cannot be stopped."-she said all in one breath.

I was shocked. Fear filled my entire being. A blood duel? It was a common thing for the Night Court but here in Summer we've never seen such a thing, neither have we had one.

With that Amren left, leaving me alone in our room, me still standing in front of the bathroom door not knowing what to do, who to speak with. The only thing left in my mind was the words about the duel not being able to be stopped. We were going to fight for a man's heart. Mother please give me strength, I thought as I left off to find my mate.

Time skip

"She did what?!" - shouted Varian as I told him everything Amren said, word by word.

"I told you everything she said, my love. I don't know where it came from. I never did anything to upset her so much for her to want to kill me. But I guess seeing us together was enough for her." - I muttered as I went in my mate's embrace, letting his  heartbeat calm mine that was going crazy.

" We'll speak with Rhysand about this. He's the High Lord, he should be able to stop this madness from happening. I will not let you go fight for my heart when it already belongs to you."-added Varian as he kissed my forehead.