Chapter 6: The Run to Volleyball

Class had just finished so y/n and Tsuna were walking out of the classroom. Tsuna had extra studies after school so she hopped down the corridors and into another room with some students. And y/n headed the other way towards the gym, where volleyball practice was going to start.

It had been a week since Tsuna encouraged y/n to try and get closer or even confess to Tsukishima.

As y/n was walking down the corridors ready to meet the outside, where the gym was only 15 metres away, she bumped into someone again. She was stupidly watching her feet again, so she mentally scolded herself before say a quick 'sorry' and raising her head to see who it was.

She looked up and this person was standing with his back facing towards her, so she obviously walked into him from behind.

"Sorry, excuse me." Y/n said before the boy turned around to show his face. Guess who? None other than... Tsukishima.

"Are you blind?" He said as his glaze met y/n's eyes.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you, I was just watching feet and-" She was cut of by Tsukishima.

"Yeah, I know you have that habit of watching your feet when you walk. Didn't I tell you to stop? And because you didn't, you bumped into me again. What would've happened if it wasn't me? Not everyone would've forgiven you so easily." He stated, glaring down at her.

"Oh yeah, uh right. Uhm...I'm sorry. I was just trying to get to the gym on time." She said, while wonder what he meant by forgiven her so easily. Did he mean that he didn't mind her bumping into him or that he had already forgiven her?

"I was headed there too, obviously. Just try to keep up, come on." He offered while he started walking away. Stumped by the immediate dismission of what just happened, y/n just ran up behind him a followed along quietly, trying not to fall behind.

'He normally walks with Yamaguchi to practice, where is he? Why is Tsukishima alone? Ah...I've got to stop watching my feet.' Y/n thought while walking along side Tsukishima. She kept falling behind because if how long his strides were.

"Oi, is that as fast as you can go? I said keep up." He said in a teasing then stern voice. Lifting up her head from looking down at her feet, she realized how far behind she was. She started slightly jogging caught up to him.

"Ha, you have to jog to keep up? How pathetic." He teased again. This got y/n a little angrier, she was just trying not to fall behind. She decided just to keep quiet as the taller blonde boy purposely sped up. Y/n noticed is increased speed and had to start slightly running catch up.

"I'm not even fully jogging yet you're running, ha!" He chuckled while entering the gym doors. He placed down his things and watched y/n stumble in over the threshold. She was panting like crazy, she walked over to a wall and slouched onto the floor with her arms resting on her knees, which were up by her chest.

"Tch tch. It wasn't a race, you know." Tsukishima teased. He got out his water bottle and slid it over to the panting girl. She looked towards the water bottle and her face was a bit rosey. She looked up in confusion to the boy standing over her.

He gestured his eyes into the water bottle and back to her. Then walked away. Y/n slowly reached over the the water bottle and took a sip cautiously. She only took a small sip because she didn't want to waste his water. So after she drank some she got out a tissue and wiped the where her mouth had been. Then she closed it, got up and walked up sheepishly to Tsukishima. She offer the water bottle back to him and he grabbed it. He stared at the water bottle, then shook it a bit.

"How much did you drink? You were so tired and worn out I thought you would've drank more..." He said in a slightly concerned voice, but not wanted to show that he was concerned. Stumped by the slight concern in his voice, she replied.

"Oh, um well I'm fine, really... I didn't want to use up all your water-"

"There's literally taps here where I can fill it up at any point. I don't care, just drink it!" He interrupted shoved the water bottle towards her. She tilted her head in confusion, which Tsukishima found cute, and took the bottle. She bowed down with a 'thank you' smile on her face, then waddled away.

Tsukishima stood there quite shocked that she bowed towards him. He also found it cute, but he was never going to admit that. He dismissed it and got on with practice.