Chapter 10: The Confession

Practice had just ended one day and all the boys went into the showers and locker rooms, y/n and Kiyoko sat outside facing away from the boys locker room.

"Today was great, I think you're going to make a great manager once I'm gone" Kiyoko smiled gently.

"I hope so, but I could never replace you." Y/n replyed, y/n looked up to Kiyoko very much so.

"Thank you, I should get going. See you later, y/n!" Kiyoko said, with the same amazing smile she always had on, as the left the gym.

Tanaka came out if the locker room first and sat down next to y/n. They talked about nationals and everyday life for 10 minutes, until Tanaka brought up the subject of Tsukishima again.

"You know what? I seem to have forgotten the name of the guy you had a crush on, would you care to remind me?" He spoke in the nicest mannerism y/n had ever heard. She took out her remaining earphone, she only had one in, and exhaled before glaring right up at Tanaka.

"You know I have a crush on Tsukishima, and I would appreciated if you would you shut up about it!!" She shouted at him.

Half way through her shouting, he had looked up past her shoulder. At the moment she realized he wasn't looking at her anymore, she heard a light chuckle behind her. (At this moment, she knew... she screwed up)

'damn, damn, damn' she thought as she tilted her head down and refused to turn around. Whoever's laugh it was, it was giving her chills. The chuckles dialed down a bit before the person decided to speak.

"Ha, so...little miss short stack over here has a crush on me? Who would've thought, tch tch" Tsukishima teased, his voice filled y/n's head.

She could hear her own heartbeat, but not for long. Tanaka took the notes out of her hand, and made her stand up. Then turned her around to face Tsukishima. He then backed away while y/n didn't look at Tsukki and gave Tanaka a death stare.

"Staring at him isn't going to make me forget what you just said." Tsukki said in a monotone voice. Y/n didn't know what to do, she just stood there awkwardly trying to look up at Tsukki, but failing. She looked at her feet as she tried to control the feelings of anger, happiness, regret, passion, embarrassment, confusion and nervousness.

"Remember what I said about looking at your feet? It's a bad habit, stop." Tsukki wasn't helping the situation.

By this time, everyone else had run out to where the chaos was. Either from the showers with towels or half dressed from the locker room. Now even Tsukishima had a bit of nervousness creeping on him. He didn't know what to do, so he did what he did best, tease y/n again.

"I guess I could've guessed, you're a nervous wreck whenever you're around me." He chuckled. Y/n had her last thread pulled. As soon as he finished she stopped stressing and had become angry at Tsukki. She licked her lips as she slowly put her death gaze upon him.

"Why do you think these comments are going to help what's happening here? Are you that dense that all you can do is tease me? Hadn't you noticed that I was embarrassed because of the idiot over there?" She pointed at Tanaka and he smiled devilishly before she continued.

"Oh just shut up, quit teasing me for once and recognise the serious situation!" Y/n yelled. She had a bit of sweat dripping down her face from getting so worked up them shouting at Tsukki.

"When did you get to cool?" He said with a smirk.

"What?" Y/n asked, confused.

"Having the guts to tell me to 'shut up' is cool. You're cool." He had a relaxed smile.

"Oh, no. You just got on my nerves, I also had to bite my tongue to stop myself from saying other things." Y/n admitted. Tsukki gained a soft smile that no one had ever seen him with. Even Tanaka shouted from the back of the gym:

"AYYYE, GO Y/N!!"

"I swear to god Tanaka, you're dead." Y/n with a smirk. Tsukki laughed at the sight of her smirk. It causes him to blush also making y/n go rosey.

"Okay lovebirds, take this outside to talk in privacy" Sugawara encouraged them both outside and closed the gym doors.

After he closed them they could hear Tanaka and Noya high fiving and screaming.