Chapter 35

Previously...

"Can you zoom in on the right upper corner of the picture?" Both got a little confused about what I was asking, but the guy followed through anyway.

The picture was slowly closing in when I saw it again.

I gasped. "Oh my god..."

Sophie

"I need to out there!" I spoke out loud to no one in particular.

"I can't let you go there." A ruff, low voice was heard. I turned to find Ethan in front of the door. "You should be in the safe room. I'll take you."

I took a step back when he started to approach me. "I can't go there. I need to be out there with Logan!" On the screen was possible to see the wolf getting ready to start fighting. Even though she is severely outnumbered, but it was noticeable to see the desperation, and that could cause a lot of damage.

"I can't aloud that. I was instructed to find you and keep you safe, so I need to take you to the safe room." Ethan repeated.

"Ethan, I need to go out there before it's too late." I insisted.

"But-"

"But nothing! So please take me there fast or not, but either way, I'm going!"

Ethan closed his eyes, probably debating himself. After a few seconds, his posture relaxed, and he opened his eyes. "Do you want a piggyback?"

Ethan sprinted through the forest. I could only compare the experience to riding a motorcycle on the freeway. My hair was all over the place and I could barely see what us with all the speed was around. After a few minutes, Ethan slowed down and let me down his back, when I heard Logan screaming "Shift now! It's your last warning!"

A loud growl was heard in response.

"Wait!" I screamed as I decreased the distance to Logan and ten more warriors spread out in human and wolf form.

As soon as I screamed, Logan turned to me surprised. "What are you doing here?" Then he looked at Ethan who was behind me following me. "Take her back!"

"Wait, Logan..." I finally approach him and touch his arm. I knew I had to calm him down first. "Let me handle this, please. You can trust me." I whispered, even though everyone present was listening to us.

He grunted but said nothing. I took it as my cue to handle it.

I turned to the supposed intruder and took two steps towards her before she growled at me and prepared to attack.

"Soph..." Logan warned me grunting.

I ignored him.

I sat on the grass directly in front of her. "Hi, I am Sophie. Can you understand me? If so, nod your head please." The wolf took a few seconds looking at me, before finally relaxing and slowly nodded.

"As I said, I'm Sophie and you are in Blue Mountain pack. I'm human but I'm mated to the alpha Logan, which is the scary-looking guy behind me." She looked back at Logan and tensed again.

"Hey, don't worry about him, look at me." I asked in a soft voice trying to deescalate the entire situation. "I know that you're scared but let me assure you that nothing is going to happen to you. You are probably running away from something, something I did myself, but here is a safe place for you –"

I look to my left. "- and your baby."

The moment I said it, gasps and bones cracking were heard. In front of me, a girl around my age, with dark brown/dark hair, and brown skin appeared in the place of the wolf. Her hair was wild, with leaves and sticks all over and her skin dirty. She was sitting down with her legs hiding her body.