Chapter 5

I woke up and the first thing I remembered was Logan's ocean blue eyes. I can't believe I wad the guts to give him my number, I'm so embarrassed!

I rolled over to the other side of the bed to pick up my phone and see the hours because it's Saturday and I've obviously slept in and saw that it's already 11 a.m and had a message from an unknown number. 

"Hey, it's Logan. Are you free tomorrow afternoon?" 

Panicking because this has never happened, immediately I called Suzy who pick up 6 rings later.

"What?" She asked groaning. 

"How's the hangover?" I asked teasingly. "Shut up... Why are you calling me this early?"

"Suzy, it's already past eleven, it isn't early. And the reason I called you it's because... oh god, this is so embarrassing..."

"What? You have my attention now." I heard some shuffling in the background, she was probably getting out of bed. "Spill it, girl!" 

"Well, when Josh took you home, Logan drove me here and walk me to the door and then he was leaving and asking him to wait and I gave him my number...."

"Wow, that's a bold move for you. You go girl!" I took a big breath. "But what's the problem?"

"It's just that he text me this morning if I was free tomorrow and I don't really know what to do! I never had a guy showing this much interest..."

"Soph, you listen to me. You are going to text back and flirt, be cheeky, and you are going to meet him."

"But I barely know him..."

"You have to meet him to know him, Soph." She had a point, he didn't give me any reason not to like him, I guess I should give him a chance... "Ok, I'll text him, thanks, Suzy."

"Don't thank me yet, 'cause Monday you'll have to tell me everything! Bye girl."

Looking in the mirror in the bathroom to make sure that I didn't look fat with my light blue t-shirt tuck in skinny black jeans a little ripped in the knees and blue Adidas and put foundation and a bit of mascara for makeup. I didn't want to go overboard since this was more effort than what I usually do, which was nothing.

Since I still have a few minutes, I picked up the phone and the rest of my small wallet and took it to the couch and began reading the text messages that we exchange over the day.

"Hey, it's Logan. Are you free tomorrow afternoon?" 

"Hi! Didn't you said see you next week?"

"But I miss you already. So are you free?"

"I'm free whenever you want"

"Oh god, that just sounded desperate, not my intention!"   

"So is dinner ok?"

"Sure"

"Are you vegetarian?"

"No. But can we just go somewhere casual?"

"I know just the perfect place. I'll pick you at eight. See you soon x"

"See you soon xx"

A knock on the door startled me but I quickly got up and went to the door, composed myself and opened it.

"Hi." I said almost in a whisper. "Damn, he looks hot!" I thought to myself. Logan was dress in white shirt tuck in his jeans with a black blazer. 

"You look lovely." He said and I mumbled thanks trying to hide the blush forming in my face.

When we get to the elevator and we stand side by side I have to bend my neck a lot to look at his face. "You're really tall." I said.

"You are just really short." He replied with a smirk on his face.

"I'm not that short!" 

"You are to me! You're what? 4'8'' to my 6'4'', you're tiny." The elevator opens and we walk out of the building."

"I'm 5'1'', very different"

"Still tiny to me." We get to his car parked and he takes two bigger steps and opens the door for me. "After you." He says giving me a small smile.

"Please don't screw this up, don't screw this up." I said in my head.

"Ready to go?" He asked sitting in the driver's seat and I just nod and off we went.