Chapter 22

Logan

She's smart. Too smart.

It was been a week and no sign of her. Sophie was able to disappear, and we have no idea where she went.

After tracking down the car she went, an Uber, it left her on a street where was a bank where she used the ATM to get some cash. Then we catch her on the security cameras on a bus station nearby where she entered an interstate bus going to Las Vegas. Luckily, two of my pack members are police officers, so they were able to ask around with raising too many questions.

Except the driver told us that she left at a stop in the middle of the interstate where several buses passed there with different destinies. And there are no cameras. We have no idea if she went in any of the buses there or if she walked for a while. No clue. She also didn't use her card anymore, so we couldn't even use that to help us.

I called her work and asked for her and they told me that she took a personal leave without telling them when she was going to return. Josh called Suzy and she told him that Sophie called her to tell her that she was going away for a while and she didn't know when she was going back, but that she was fine. Suzy after threatened Josh to threatened me that she was coming for me if something happened to her.

After Josh reported to me that they had no other leads, I snapped. I destroyed everything in my office. After there was any furniture salvage enough, I jumped out of my window on the second floor and shifted to Alexio. I let him take over and he just ran at full speed.

She knew how to get away.

After a few hours running, when I can only fell my muscles burning and my lungs stinging, I realize I need to take a break. Slowing down, I noticed that I'm only a few feet away from the lake, the same lake I brought Sophie to, so I walk slowly there.

I stopped at the same place we had the picnic. Pain started to grow on my chest. It wasn't for running for so long, but from missing her. The pain of the mate bond was growing stronger every day.

I let out a long and loud howl to the sky and laid down on the floor. I heard a few howls back in the distance of my pack giving me trying to give strength, to not give up. Of course, by now everyone knows that Sophie left. If they didn't know from the rumors running around that she left, they noticed I'm moody as fuck and that I was taking out them in training.

The exhaustion must have overpowered me because when I wake up it was already nighttime.

I walked back home with new energy. I'm not giving up! I'm going to fight for her!

When I returned to the packhouse, I saw Josh watching a football game with some other wolves. They all looked at me and bowed. I acknowledged them and made a sign to Josh to follow me. We went to Josh's office since mine was still destroyed.

"Do you know the distance between the bus stop that she left and the next one?" I asked.

"Around 30 miles each way, why?" Josh went behind his computer and turned it on.

"She told me that she's lazy. She probably stayed there and waited for the next buses." I made the hypothesis and an idea popped to my head. "Where the next buses went?"

Josh started to type it up on the computer. After a minute he said. "San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Sacramento."

"Basically, South California then." Josh nodded. "It is probably a long shot but the packs near there are the Nightwalkers and the Lunar Pack, right?"

"Yeah, the Nightwalkers' Alpha is a decent one, and the Lunar's Alpha is now the Alpha's David son, Damon. We met him last year at the meeting, seemed cool."

"Reach out to them and tell them about Sophie. It's a long shot, but I don't have any other idea."

Josh starts tipping again and picks up his phone to call them while I looked to the outside of his window, staring at the moon.

I'm not giving up...

Hi guys! I know it's a short chapter, but wait a few minutes and thank the quarantine for this xx