Chapter 6

Sophie's POV

We sat in silence in all the car trip, only the humming of the motor and the soft sound of the radio could be heard. I wanted to break the silence, but I was really nervous and probably would sad something stupid so I kept quiet.

Eventually, the car started to slow down. "We're here." Logan said as was parking the car. I looked outside and saw an illuminated yellow sign saying Cher's hamburgers. "I hope this is ok..."

"It's perfect." I replied turning back at him to give him a smile, but he was already closing the car door and came to her door to open it.

"You didn't have to do that." I said getting off the car, taking his big hand. It tingled again, so I let it go as fast as I held it. "I'm a big girl! I can get off the car on my own." I looked at him while rubbing my hand in my pants to stop feeling the tingling, and saw what looked like disappointment, but he quickly replaced it with a smirk.

"I'm not sure about the big girl part." Before I came with a comeback he put his hands in his jean pockets and started walking. "Come on, I'm hungry."

He opened the door for me and gave me a look as if he was daring me to say something, but I didn't reply because I was received with 50's diner cool vibe.

A blonde lady looking like she was in her 30's came to meet us with a smile. "Hi, how can I help you?" She asked looking at me, but when she glanced behind me, she looked to the ground.

"Table for two" Logan responded. 

"Yes, of course, please follow me." She said looking at us again before walking in the direction of the tables and leads us to a booth in a corner next to the window. "Here's our menu, I'll be back in a minute to collect your orders."

I turned to Logan as she left us. "Have you come here before?" I asked and begin looking through the menu. 

"Yeah, a few times." He said without picking up the menu.

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter, Cher according to the name tag, asked smiling again.

I looked at Logan who hasn't picked up the menu. "Yes, I think. I want a CBO without the onion please and coke."

"Yes, and for you A... Sir?" She asked Logan. 

"Just the usual for me, thank you." She nodded and said something like it would be right away.

Silence came next. A minute as passed, and none as spoken and I was getting really uncomfortable. "Can talk about something, please?"  

"What do you want to talk about?" Logan asked leaning towards the table getting closer to me.

"Something. Like what's your age? If this is a date, I guess we should get to know each other." I said with my voice getting lower in each word, almost blushing when I said the word date. 

"25 and you?" Logan responded smiling to me.

"Huh, 23."

"Really? I thought you were younger being so tiny and cute."

"Stop calling me tiny!" I said covering my face.

"But it's true," Logan said with a smirk. "Compared to me you're tiny, like a tiny kitten."

Clearing my throat to ignore the rising blush appearing, I tried to change the subject. "Do you have any siblings?" 

"Two actually." Logan responded, but from the look he gave me, he knows that I tried to change the subject. "A younger sister and brother. And you?" 

"It's just me." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Your turn to ask a question."

"Ok, so what do you do for a living?" He asked.

"Oh, I work at the genetics lab at the hospital." I answered. "It's a bit small there, but it's normal since it's new. Since the nearest hospital that did that work for them, it's a few hours away, it's more simple to start doing some of the analyses needed here, especially for the patients who don't have go there anymore."

"What kind of analysis you there really?" I looked at Logan and he seemed like he was really interested in what I was saying.

"Oh, like when people have cancers, and we analyze their tumors or blood so we can tell the doctor if there are genetic characteristics that could help define the prognosis, treatment plan and some times to prevent a relapse or sometimes to prevent cancer in the family members." 

"Oh wow, that is incredible. Now when I tell you that I took over the family business, I just sound ordinary." 

I couldn't help but laugh. "It's not that big a deal. Running a business is also equally important."

As I was thinking for a new question, Cher brought our drinks. "Hum, do you have any tattoos?" I asked before taking a sip.

"Yes" he said.

"Where is it? Can you show it?"

"Do you want me to take off my shirt so bad?" Logan asked smirking as he reach for is beer, making me blush. "Do you have one?"

"No. I do want one, but I want do something who really means something to me, not just something random who I thought looked cool at the time. Does it make sense?"

"Yes, it makes perfect sense." He said smiling at me and he reached for my left hand which was resting on the table. I started to feel tingles in that hand.

Is my hand getting numb?

This though quickly fled of my mind as I saw Cher bringing buggers in our direction. She put our plaits on the table and quickly left us alone.

It smells so good!

"Is that two burgers in one?" I asked Logan. His burger was huge. It was almost double the size of my burger, and his had double the French fries mine had.

"Yes, I eat a lot, I guess."

We started eating and continued to asked each other random questions. I found out he's favourite colour is brown, some of his favourite foods, his hobbies - it was working out, I could tell -, weird habits he had, and that he also spoke a little of Italian, since he spent several summers with his grandparents.

And while we where talking, he finished eating in half the time I ate mine, and I still left o good proportion of fries in the plate!

As I just finished, Cher came again, and asked if everything was good and if we wanted desert.

"So good! But I'm really full, I can't eat anything more." I said as I discretely pull the high waist of my jeans up, so I could gain a bit more space.

"I'm also good." Logan said. "Can you bring us the check, please?"

"You could've asked for dessert if you wanted. I don't really mind."

"I'm fine." He said.

Another waiter, who looked like a younger version of Cher, came and he quickly paid leaving me no time to argued that I wanted also to pay.

We left the restaurant, and he opened me the passenger door of his car and then he entered on his side.

"Thank you for this, it was lovely." I said smiling at him.

"Are you tired? I remembered a place we could go to if you aren't. But if you are, it's ok, we could go maybe another day or..." He started rambling a bit and scratched the back of his head.

"Logan, I'm good, we can go if you want to!" I said trying to stop his rambling.

He turned on his car and started to hit the road. "You will love it, trust me!"

"I trust you." I really did, he gave me such a comfortable vibe, like I can be completely myself with him, which was really weird, since I never really got this felling with anyone, at least, not this fast.

And apparently, I said the right thing, because Logan had this big smile that lasted all through the trip.