Chapter 7

Sophie's POV

We spent the car ride listening to the radio. I found out that he likes classic rock, where I liked more pop music, but we found bands or songs that we both enjoyed.

We were in a deserted dirt road when Logan finally stop the car.

"We have to walk a little now." Logan said before leaving the car and he went to my side to open the door.

As I looked around the only thing I could see was deep forest through the moonlight. The only sound I heard was the small breeze ruffling the leaves.

"Are you sure were in the right place?" I asked letting him close the door and looking the car.

"Yeah, follow me. I know this place like the back of my hand."

Apparently he really did. I followed him through the middle of the trees without a visible trail, at least one I couldn't see. There was part I couldn't see my feet since the trees were so thick, they didn't let the moonlight pass, so he had to hold my hand and told me were to put my feet to not slip or trip.

I was getting tired and with shortness of breath because I was still really full from the dinner. "How much long?"

Damn, I sound like a kid.

He suddenly stoped and before I bumped his back, he stepped out of my view - since my head didn't past his shoulder. "Look!" Logan said and what I saw was breath taking.

In front of us, there was a small lake surrounded by trees, where the water reflected the moon and the stars. Since we where in the middle of nowhere, no city light from miles, the sky shined a lot brighter with all the stars shinning.

"Wow..." I couldn't express the beauty I was seeing. "This is.... Wow!"

Logan led us to a fallen tree, and we sat on the branch who faced the lake. Just as we sat, the wind blew a little bit harder making me tightened my grip on my coat. He must have noticed this because he shrugged of his jacket and put it around me.

"Won't you get cold?"

"No, I'm always warm." He reached for my hand, his was super warm compared to my cold one. "See?" It was so warm that made reached for his other hand so he could warm up both my hands. I started to fell tingles in my hands.

Must be the temperature shock.

He was looking at them. Maybe it's uncomfortable to him.

"Sorry if this to forward, but my hands are really cold." I started to let go of his hand, felling the loss of the heat, when he grabbed them again and intertwined our fingers.

A blush started to appear and since he was looking at me, I tried to disguise it by trying to think of something else besides our hands, or the proximity, or the fact that his jacket - that, by the way, smelled heavenly like him - was on my back keeping me warm.

"How did you find this?" I asked. The wind picked up a bit, but it was still manageable.

"My family's land ended a couple miles back. One day, when I was 10 or 11, I got angry with my dad and went for a walk." He chuckled and smiled nostalgically. "I guess I walked so much, I didn't notice I passed the limit of our land and found this."

He looked at me in my eyes. "Now I came here every time I need to be alone to think."

"So it's like your secret space?" I asked.

He let out a chuckle. "I guess it is. I think no one knows about this, except maybe Josh, but he never came here."

"So why did you bring me here if it's your special place?"

Damn, I'm starting to get annoying with all this questions.

"I always wanted to bring someone special here." He responded taking one of his hands of mine and touched softly in my right cheek.

But as soon he touched me, I felt something wet falling in the tip my nose making me pull away from his hand. When I touched it to see that it was water, another drop fell in my forehead.

"It is starting to rain!" We got up from the tree and started to walk in the opposite direction of the lake. But it really started to pour, we were both getting drenched.

Logan stopped and crouched down. "Get on my back!" He said loudly, with all the rain hitting the trees and the wind, it was difficult to hear with so much noise.

"Are you crazy?? You could slip!"

"I will go faster than with you walking!" He must have noticed that I wasn't agreeing. "Just trust me!" He had already asked me this before, and he didn't make me regret.

So without more thinking, I went on his piggyback. He put his hands under my thighs so I could more secure, and I would reacted to it, if he wasn't speeding down in the middle of the forest.

He was right, it took us less than half of the time to reach the car. He dropped me on the ground and opened the car door for me and as soon I was in, he closed it and ran to his side and turn one the car to turn on the heat.

"Your car is going to get ruined." I said after a few seconds of silence.

"I don't care. At least we aren't out there." The rain even got thicker and all the wind didn't help. It was difficult to see the trees that were in front of us.

He started to drive slowly, since it was impossible to see. As soon we reached the road the rain got even worse, I could tell he was really concentrated on the road, so I didn't speak.

A few minutes after, Logan cleared his throat making me look at him. "I can't drive you home like this, is to dangerous. Do you mind if I take you to my home, instead?" He quickly looked my way to see my reaction. "You could spend the night there, I have spare rooms, or I could drive you home when the storms calms if your not comfortable." He said this last part more quickly, almost like he was rambling.

I looked to the window. I didn't know he was driving since I couldn't even see the road. It was to dangerous to be on the street.

"Yeah, we shouldn't be driving..."

"So, can I take you to mine? I want you to be sure."

It's the first date, I think I breaking all the laws about first dates, but he makes me feel safe. I trust him.

"I'm sure."

------------------------------------------
Happy Halloween, everyone!!!