Chapter 30

Sophie

We were already halfway through our six-hour drive to the Silver Heart Pack, making a stop pit at a gas station for peeing time. I waited inside the car since I was still sleepy by my nap and didn't need to stretch my legs.

Trying to fall asleep again, I remember the moments after our first kiss. The way he barely let me go after we went back to his place, the one not in the packhouse, so he could pack a bag. Since I still had the bag from when I ran, it was easier just to bring that one.

After we both got ready to bed and I used the bathroom of the room I stayed before, and I quickly went to his bed with a big shirt and tiny shorts, my usual sleeping attire before he came back.

I already felt asleep with him, this isn't much different. I tried to calm my nerves. A small part of me believed he would be mad that I was in his bed without asking.

But before that voice could convince me to leave, Logan's bathroom door and he came out shirtless with his chest and shoulder tattoo finally noticeable to me and grey shorts which hugged low at his hips. For a second, I thought that he wouldn't even notice me snuggled up in his bed, but then he noticed, freezing up in his stop but smiled at me. "I hope you don't mind me being here." I mumbled to him.

"Of course not! I wanted to ask you to sleep here too, but I was nervous to ask..." Logan scratch nervously the back of his head, unconsciously showing off his arms muscles.

Don't fucking drool!

He must have noticed my eye rapping his body. "Do you want me to put a shirt on?" Logan pointed to his closet. "I usually sleep like this, but I can put a shirt so you can be more comfortable."

I shook my head answering him and he walked to the bed before lifting the comforter slightly so he could get in. "Can I see your tattoo?" I asked.

Logan sat up on the bed, with his legs covered and turned to my side showing his tattoo on the right side of his body. I also sat on the bed to get a closer look at it.

It was a wolf's head howling to the moon surrounded by the forest with a mountain in the background. "What does this mean?" I asked tracing the wolf gently with my finger.

"It's a representation of the Blue Mountain Pack." Logan spoke. "I got the day after I became an Alpha. It is a reminder of the responsibility to take care of my people and not to take my position for granted."

I could feel him getting nostalgic, so I tried to not interrupt him, and let him get everything out of his chest. "The first year I became Alpha was complicated, to say the least. I was barely 21 when the position passed on to me. I was one of the youngest Alpha ever. Normally, the transition only happens when you reach at least 25 and you have your mate by your side to help." He sighed but continued explaining. "But my parents met each other late, and then had problems conceiving, with several miscarries. My dad tried to hold on as much as he could, but he couldn't keep up with the stress of the life of an Alpha."

"I'm sorry you had to take so much responsibility so young..." I got up from I was and hugged him tightly which he responded with the same feeling. Our hug took a couple of minutes before release slightly, making me sit on his lap with legs surrounding him. All my body parts that were touching him were tingling. It felt like electricity was coursing through us. 

I leaned back to look at his eyes. He eyed me lovingly, taking a few strands of my hair which were in front of my face and pushed them behind my ear. The soft feeling of his hand touching my cheek made me lean my head towards it, slowly closing my eyes. When I opened them a few seconds later, Logan was already watching me. "You are so beautiful..."

After that, we had a big make-out session, that only ended because I started to get sleepy.

Logan woke me up at 6 am that morning to get us ready for the day and took me a lot of convincing to get me out of the bed. But he quickly realized that once he got out of the bed too, I couldn't fall back asleep. The upper side is that I didn't take too long to get ready, so by the time he scheduled with Damon in front of the packhouse, I was already there.

Damon's car drove in front of us because it was easier for them to stop more often if they needed too. Logan was driving our car with Ethan sitting in the passenger seat and I was laying down on the back, with the middle seat belt on and a pillow on my head. Logan at first wanted me to sit next to him, but I said I was probably going to sleep most of the trip, and he redundancy agreed.

Next thing I knew, I felt the car slowing down. "Are we there yet?" Murmured still sleepy.

"We just got off the highway, one hour left, maybe." Logan stated.

I nodded and snuggled up again in the pillow and blanket that I sneaked into the car. The moment I took it out, Logan started laughing, mumbling something about me and blankets. But because there were a lot more curves, I started to get a bit sick, so I sat back and enjoyed the view.

One hour was just passing when Damon's car left the main road and Logan followed through a dirt road, which passed through a dense forest. After twenty minutes we reached a fence with some wolves checking in.

After going through a rigorous check-in that made feel like we were entering the white house and we still had a 20 min drive to the packhouse.

When we arrived at the packhouse, I saw a couple who looked that they were in their late forties greeting Damon, Lilly, and Devin when Logan parked his car next to his.

The man looked at hour direction when we got out of the car and came next to us and started to greet Logan. "Ah, the couple of the hour! Welcome to Silver Heart Pack. I'm Alpha Richard." The man with greyish hair scanned me before reaching for my hand to shake it, giving me a bad vibe. "It's great to finally the human who everyone is talking about! Please come in and get settled!" I went back to grab our bags, but he stopped me before I could take a step. "Don't worry about your bags." He stared directly at me before continuing. "I'm sure they are too heavy for you!"

He turned around with I assumed his mate next to him – who he didn't even introduce – and went back inside. I looked at Logan who seemed to tell me with his pissed expression something like 'This is what we have to deal with it...'

Can I hate someone I literally just meet?!

Trying not to get angry, I took a big breath, grabbed Logan's hand and we went inside with Ethan following us, hearing some commotion inside.

These will be a long few days...

Hello, my peeps!! 

Thank you for being here again! What did you think about this chapter?? I know it's a slow one, but things are about to pick up!! What do you think it's going to happen in the next chapter??

Also, I created an Instagram account for my Wattpad, so you can see when I'm going to update, to do q&a and all other things. I follow a few authors who do this, and I love it, so I thought to that too! Search for Minnie_97.wp and follow me!! (Or go to my Wattpad bio, there's the link there)

Don't forget to vote and comment!! See you soon xx