Chapter 21

Logan

I woke up suddenly with Alexio being restless, which was weird since I normally sleep like a rock until the morning. Turning around I checked it was 6 AM, the sun was barely out. I tried to fall asleep again, but Alexio wasn't letting me.

"What's wrong?" I finally asked him.

"Go check on mate." He answered. I didn't know why since the house was quiet and I didn't detect any foreign smell but did it anyway.

I passed the room that Sophie was in but I didn't hear a sound, it was too quiet actually, I couldn't hear her breathing, so I opened the door and saw the bed untouched.

What the fuck?

I went to check the bathroom but she wasn't there either. I tried to smell her scent but it was already fading, she wasn't there for a few hours now.

Panic started to rush through me. I searched for her in the entire house, but she was still missing.

"Josh! Josh! Wake up!" I mind-linked him.

"What?" He asked still sleepy. "Why you are waking me at this awfully hour?"

"Sophie? Did she ask you to give her a ride again?" Josh didn't respond right away. "Answer me, dammit!"

"What? No! I was in bed all night! Why? Where is she?"

"I don't know..." I cut off the link.

Why did she run again? Where did she go? I couldn't believe this was happening again.

Wait, she only knows about the main entrance to get out of here. With that thought in mind, I started to leave my house but just as I was getting to the front door, something caught my eyes.

It was a note. A note from Sophie.

I quickly read it and anger cross through me. I crumple the paper and let it fall on the floor. I leap out of the door, transforming to Alexio, ripping out my clothes, running fast towards the border entrance.

Maybe she just left and she's still close. I think while running.

Once I was close enough to the two warriors guarding the door, I transform back to my human skin not caring that I was naked. When they saw me, fear cross through their eyes before bowing. They must have noticed that I'm angry as fuck.

"Good morning Alpha." Lucas, the older one said.

"Did your Luna passed through here?!" I demanded the question. My wolf was coming forward and Andrew, the younger one, just turned 17, started to shake in fear.

"Yes, Alpha." Lucas' response made me snap.

I grabbed him by the neck and lifted him so his feet didn't touch the floor. "Why the hell you let her pass?!" I screamed.

Lucas tried to answer but he couldn't so I looked at Andrew. "Sh-she told us that you knew." I was trying to look strong but he was still shaking.

"And why the fuck you didn't confirm with me?!!" I only felt anger. My veins were popping and my face was probably completely red, but I didn't care. I just wanted to go after her and never let her out of my sight.

"Lu- luna told us that your sleeping, n- not to disturb you."

Of course, she did. I sighed, trying to cool my temper before I accidentally killed one of my warriors.

I let him go, with him falling to the ground trying to regulate his breathing, just when Josh arrived. "Anything more I knew to now?" I asked.

"Uh, we saw her entering a car in the main road, alpha." Andrew answered.

"Do you know what car is?" Both nodded. "Great! I know that it is the end of your shift and you want to sleep, but since you screw up, you're going to go find your Luna, am I clear?"

"Yes, Alpha."

I turn around and looked at Josh who stood behind me all the time. "Supervise them and then report to me."

"Where are you going?" Josh asked as I was walking away, but I ignore him and continued walking. The weird feeling of my gut was starting to turn into a pain chest.

I walk back home, not caring that I was still naked. As I entered, my house felt colder and quieter, even though Sophie was here only for a few hours.

I went straight to the liquor cabinet taking out a bottle of werewolf whiskey. It was basically like the human version of whiskey but altered to get werewolves drunk. It was just what I needed.

I sat on the couch in the living room, the same one I sat with her several times, I removed the cork, and took a big gulp of the whiskey.

With my other hand, I removed the crunched note out of my pocket and re-read it.

"Logan,

I'm sorry to do this again, to run away. But I'm not ready to be the person you want me to be. I like you and care about you, even though we only met a few weeks ago, but I can't do it.

I'm not strong and capable enough to be the Luna you want me to be, your Godness made a mistake. You should find someone better to fit this role. I'm sure that you have a few options inside your pack.

Maybe in the future, when you don't have this big responsibility, we can meet again, and maybe be together... Who knows what the future holds?

Thank you for in these short weeks making me happy and safe and everything in between, I'll never forget it. Or you...

Love,

Sophie"

I read it many times taking several gulps of whiskey in between before the letters start to blur enough that I can't read anymore. The pain in my chest grew every second and alcohol did nothing to numb it.

My eyes started to get heavy so I laid back on the couch and fell asleep, but I only dreamt about her.

Hello loves!!! Thank you for reading this chapter!

Tell me what you are thinking of this chapter and this story, I would really love to know your opinion.

Also, can I get 5 votes to post the next chapter? I hate to ask this...

Until the next time! xx