Chapter 3

Then Logan reaches me quickly, and with only one word, the first thing I hear coming from that low raspy voice makes shiver completely, he whispers: "Mate."

----

"Sorry, what did you say?" Suzy asked him.

He looked at me and then at Sophie and lastly at Josh with is mouth a bit open and started to scratch the back of his neck.

"Hi, mate, how are you?" Josh jumped right in the moment and they shook their hands. Josh turned to us and stood next to Logan. Josh was a handsome man, but nothing compared to Logan, he just was a walking god. He pointed at Suzy first. "This is Suzy, my date, and right here is Sophie, her friend." Logan gave a smile showing his perfect white teeth.

What's up with these guys and their perfect teeth, I'm so jealous.

"Suzy, wanna go somewhere more private?" Josh asked getting closer to her and lifted his hand so she would accept his invite. But knowing Suzy she was already up on her feet, ready to follow him.

"Of course!" She said. She put her hand in his and started to follow him to a booth on the back of the bar. Of course, she turned around and mouthed "Hot" and winked me before leaving. I just hope that Logan didn't see that.

"Do you want something to drink?" Logan asked me with a raspy low voice as he took the seat where was Suzy previously. I tried to stop the shiver that ran through my body hearing his voice.

"Cider, please." I said with my voice barely above a whisper. I was about to repeat what I said but I noticed that he made a sign to the bartender and ordered my cider and a neat whiskey for him. Why was this nervous? I know that I'm shy with people I don't know, but I never got to this kind of level.

"My mom always told me to never ask a lady her age." He started slowly talking and I smile a bit already knowing where the conversation is going. "But I really wanna to ask yours, because you don't look a day older than 18. I just know that you're 18 because we are inside a bar." Meanwhile, the bartender gave us our drinks.

I gave him a small laugh. "It's fine, people are always asking me that. I'm 23."

He was taking a sip of this drink when I said my age and he almost choked on it.

"What? No, that's impossible." He looked at me not believing.

"It's true, I swear! I guess I just have a baby face..." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"It's still a beautiful face." I blushed a bit but tried to cover it up taking a drink.

I cleared my throat lightly and asked him. "Where do you know Josh?"

"I have known Josh since we were both babies, our families were really good friends so it made sense for us to be best friends." He said with a nostalgic look on his face. "Now he works for me."

"Really? Isn't weird for your friendship for you to be his boss." I asked him curiously.

"Not really. We just try to separate when is time for business or not." I nodded, it made sense.

"And what do you do for work?" I asked him, noticing that I'm asking a lot of questions about his life.

"I run my family business." Logan answered quickly. "My grandfather passed it to my father and a few years back my dad passed it to me. And what do you do?"

"Me and Suzy work in a genetic lab here in Roselake."

"Really? So you have the lab coat, microscope, googles, chemicals and all that stuff?" He asked me but I couldn't help to laugh.