𝟏. 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐔𝐒

miles's pov.

"i am actually doing great. just fine. in fact, i think this is the best i've ever done on my own. and i am also being sarcastic right now, i'm doing horrible and my life if falling apart. i just feel so done with everything all the time."

"and... does this have anything to do with your own personal conflict... or her?"

i thought about it for a couple seconds before just simply shrugging, "i'm not sure."

"how long has it been since you've seen her?" linda asked, fixing her glasses so they were no longer perched on the bridge of her nose.

"559 days."

"so you still count all the days that have gone by..." she starts writing in her notebook.

i raise my eyebrows, "still? it's only been a little more than a year."

"and you will continue to do this for how long?"

"until i see her again."

"and what if that never happens?"

i thickly swallow out of nervousness and shrug once again.

"it's gonna happen." i mutter to myself.

"miles, i think you need some time away from her." linda advises.

i shake my head, "away from her? i am away from her. she's in the sacramento prison for god sakes, i'm no where near her!"

"miles, what i mean is if you can't resolve the conflict you are going through then you either need to get over her, or provide some closure with her. have you ever tried visiting her?"

"i've tried. they don't allow visitors."

"so then your option is clear. miles, you need to realize that she is going to be in prison for the rest of her life—"

"but it's not her fault!" i cut her off.

she calmly sighs and continues on, "whether or not it was her fault, she is in prison. and right now it looks like that's the only place she'll be 'till she's dead. so, you need to get over her. take a break, visit places, see other people. what about your sister? didn't you say you wished to see her?"

i nodded, "yeah..."

"so then go off and see her!"

"but she lives in san diego now."

"if y/n lived in san diego would you make the two and a half hour drive to see her?"

i gulped and didn't nod, afraid of admitting it to linda.

"miles, there's more holding you back then just y/n. talking to your sister will open up these walls, you need to take a chance."

i hate to admit it, but she was right. she always was.

for the past year i've been seeing her for my mental help, she's been nothing but correct.

i let my guards down and nodded in agreement. it was time to see my sister.