𝟖. 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐘 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐖

miles's pov.

kate, flora and i all put our arms up in a disarmed way.

we all shakily stand and protest against the officer who was pointing his gun at us.

"officer, ple—" kate begins to defend herself before a shot noise cuts her off.

we all see the tall officer fall face first down.

all of us gasped as we watched the man fall unconscious.

i change my viewpoint to a forwards view and i see a masked person behind the man.

the person stood confidently as they lowered their weapon.

kate and flora say nothing, afraid if we'd be the next ones to go down.

as the person lowered their weapon they suddenly dropped it onto the floor in a shocking way.

the person timidly and slowly took off the mask.

my jaw drops as i lock eyes with the person behind the menacing mask.

the mask drops to the floor after alongside the weapon and two other masked people come running into the room, taken aback once they saw us.

the two people stood closely behind the girl i loved so dearly.

her e/c recognizable eyes shined throughout the room.

y/n's pace was slow as she took a step closer and lightly gasped, tears in her eyes.

my emotional disturbance was suddenly brought back.

the last few glances we shared back at the night when she was arrested became deja vu.

here she was.

after almost two years.

the love of my life was finally in front of me.

i slowly walked away from kate and flora, feeling as if y/n and i were the only two in the room.

my steps were slow and short; not wanting to cross the invisible line that was between the two groups who were silently watching the scene go down.

my face filled with sudden relief and sadness. my eyes faltered, tearing up from shock, my hoarse voice softly spoke, "y/n?"

i observed the girl with a thick black coat and dark eyeliner on... man, was she a beauty.

she took even smaller steps towards me watching as i held back the best of my tears.

"miles?" she exhaled, her eyes watered as her thick mascara and eyeliner dripped off.

i beamed, watching as the both of us came closer and closer.

we finally met in the middle. both of us collapsed in a tight embrace, filled with love, adoration, and despair; rocking back and forth.

the rest of the crews awkwardly grazed around, no one speaking up for fear of discomfort or interruption.

y/n wrapped her arms around my neck, stroking my curly hair that was no longer a dark brown with gentle care.

i leaned down and buried my head into her shoulder as i basically sobbed my heart out, holding her so close, afraid that she was gonna leave again.

she nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck, on her tippy toes as she too shed her tears.

i sniffled as i pulled away, my eyes staring deep into her soul, "y/n, i thought about you everyday. everyday for almost 2 years; 56—"

"—562 days.. i know." she finished my sentence as she whimpered.