𝟓. 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

miles's pov. // TW: self harm

we set out the next morning since yesterday kate tried her hardest to convince me not to go which of course didn't work. 

sorry kate, but i'll literally travel across deadly shark water for y/n.

i started our drive up to sacramento, kate was in the passengers seat besides me... where y/n once sat. and flora was behind me in the back seats where y/n and i basically made out once.

pretty random, i know. i really should've gotten a new car in the past year 'cause everything in it reminds me of her.

the pocket knife i once used to close her wound sat in the cup holder along with my lighter to go with it. a pair of sunglasses i had that were clipped onto the visor were the same brand of glasses that she smashed. 

i mean, i could go on really, but right now i was fixated on flora's questioning about y/n, and kate's judgement towards her.

"so, wait, wait, wait. she's the love of your life?" kate asks as her eyebrows rise.

i nod and keep my eyes on the road, "yeah, i mean, she's technically still my girlfriend."

i never really thought about it but technically we never broke up which means we've been dating for like 561 days.

that's a long ass time.

flora giggles, "so you do have a wife!"

"well... not quite."

i supposed i wouldn't mind the title but it seemed too formal.

"does she know about me?" flora asks.

i chuckle, "yeah, she knows about you."

hopefully y/n still remembers her or this is going to be awkward.

y/n's pov.

me and liv stood out on a staircase at a park while caleb had to pop the hood of the car to fix a few things.

liv and i stood side by side as we patiently waited.

i pulled out a cigarette in the meantime since it's practically been consumed into a habit now.

thanks, miles fairchild.

liv lightly nudges me, "you ready for tonight?"

i shrug, tonight was the night we'd confront my father. i wasn't really looking forward to it, i rather my first victim of revenge to be on quint. i have more shit on him then my own father, surprisingly.

"yeah, i'm just...." i sigh, "i don't know if i'm doing the right thing or not."

"of course you're doing the right thing. i mean, just think about it. all these years he's had control over you have been hell. it's why you needed out, and plus people recommend you get closure from these sort of situations... they never say how." liv assures in a not so comforting way.