𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐌𝐄

miles's pov.

it had been about three to four months since the whole incident. i was back in los angeles now.

i sat at a bar on this saturday night, which was a usual occurrence now.

i took a slow sip of my drink as my eyes were glued to the television.

i suddenly feel someone tap my shoulder, i whip my head around.

"hey, i'm trying to tell the time but your big head's in the way." y/n smirks as i softly chuckle.

i hadn't seen the girl in a couple weeks since she's been dealing with her own court and community service issues but whenever i get the chance to spend time with her i take it with huge gratitude.

i mean, it's not easy to open up to people after traumatic things like that happen. i didn't open up for years until i had met her, so...

i understood how she could've felt.

she takes the seat next to me and orders a drink from the bartender.

i taunt, "how does it feel to finally get a drink legally now?"

the girl had turned 21 not too long ago, which meant she could finally take a sip of alcohol without her trespassing any law.

she dramatically sighs, "it feels..." she brings her drink up to her mouth and takes a sip, "... the same."

we both chuckle and giggle like little kids as we start to conversate.

"so, how's it going?" i ask, raising my eyebrows.

she rests her face on her hands and shrugs, "y'know... same old, same old. i'm still on probation, i'm still doing therapy..."

i nod my head, taking in every word she had said.

when i'm angry or frustrated i realize it's best to let these emotions out and vent... which i guess linda helped me see, and now y/n can do the same with me.

"i got diagnosed with ptsd and i'm not really sure how to feel about it." she finally confesses with a sigh, avoiding eye contact out of embarrassment.

"i get it," i console, lightly touching her arm, "and i'm not just saying that to sympathize, i really mean it."

me out of all people should know how mental illnesses are... so, i'm glad to help her in any way. it's the least i could do.

she warmly smiles and changes the subject to something suave, "so... am i gonna get laid tonight?"

i playfully roll my eyes, "depends on how sober you are."

"awe, man." she pouts.

we both softly laugh, the two of us take sips out of ours drinks and begin a weird eye exchange. we were just awkwardly yet meaningfully staring into each other's eyes.

i profess with a husky voice, "you know... i really, really, fucking missed you."

"i missed you too." she replies.

i sigh and continue to rant on, "i mean, all those nights without you... i would just cry and scream into my pillow 'cause i couldn't have you. i could've have been there for you."

i still felt extreme guilt for not being there when ever frazer entered the room.

it was a very deep regret of mine, even though i had no idea what had actually happened.. i just knew that it was self defense... but from what exactly?