𝟐. 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

y/n's pov.

it's officially been a night since we escaped the prison and now we're heading off to go hide at caleb's friend's house. the plan was to stay there until we were back on our own feet which hopefully wouldn't take long.

the three of us huddle together as we roamed the streets of sacramento, we came up behind a diner and caleb pointed at the place.

"this is it." he announces.

olivia skeptically glares at him, "you said your friend had a house, not a diner."

"house, diner, whatever. he's here right now and he'll hide us. don't worry he's cool." caleb smiles as the three of us walked into the diner.

it was still very early in the morning so it was technically dark out and the diner was closed.

caleb knocked on the diner table, "oh, gaten. we're here."

a man around caleb's age came out of the kitchen and into the whole dining area.

he chuckled, "caleb, is that really you?"

the two started making stupid small talk and olivia and i just eye each other out of annoyance.

liv inturrupts them, "hey, caleb, gaten? we're kinda in a hurry right now so can you get us some of those french fries and drive us to your cool ass weapon house?"

the two men stare at her with a blank expression before gaten handed the both of us a french fry tray.

"yeah, just follow me out back."

so basically gaten's house was a whole weapon base, and since he was a more legal person now he's letting us use all his cool gadgets.

"you guys are gonna need a disguise. or at least change out of the damn jumpsuits." gaten quirks as he brings us into his whole base.

i look down at our dirty orange jumpsuits and nod my head.

yep, walking around in an orange jumpsuit around sacramento would be like driving a rolls royce in some poor town. the point is, we're noticeable. 

"my girlfriend has some make up and shit for ya'll to use." gaten tells us as we all start to take off the jumpsuits.

as i stripped out of my jump suit gaten gasped.

"jesus christ, that is one hell of a scar." he points to my lower leg.

caleb and liv catch a glimpse of it as well and lean forward to eye my old wound.

"how'd you get that?" caleb asked.

i smirked, "cauterization."

the two men wide eye each other before liv giggles.

"you idiots, she's joking." she glances at me for reassurance but i held up my smirk, "oh shit, you're not joking?"