𝟑. 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅

miles's pov.

i nervously gulp as i watch the expression on flora's face.

i couldn't tell if she wanted to scream and cry or laugh and jump into my arms.

she was already around the age of thirteen but i could still see that little toddler who'd follow every movement i used to do.

flora huddles closer to kate and grabs her arm.

she wasn't afraid of me, was she?

i shakily speak, "flora, it's me. it's your brother, miles."

i take slow steps closer towards her as kate rubs her arm in a reassuring way.

flora starts to walk closer to me in an unsure way, her hand still in contact with kate's.

we were almost directly in front of each other when she finally lets go of kate's hands and dives into my arms.

i was startled at first but i gently wrapped my arms around the much shorter girl as i could hear her giggles.

"miles, you're back!"

i chuckle, yep, she was definitely still that same little girl.

i pull away from her and stroke her hair out of her face, "god, you're so old now. what are you, 23? 24?"

she shakes her head and laughs, "no, silly. i'm 13!"

i fake gasp, "no way."

"yes way." she goes into a fit of giggles and embraces me once again.

i look up at kate admiring the both of us and i couldn't help but tearfully smile.

flora grabbed my hand and brought me over to the couch where she started telling me everything.

"yeah, and i go to a public real school now! and i made some friends, their names are erica, and holly, and phoebe, and—"

i drown at her voice and i was filled with wonderful thoughts.

this was the first time in awhile where i was truthfully happy.

i honestly don't know what took me this long to finally go and see my dear flora.

y/n's pov.

i honestly don't know what took me this long to go all edgy and punk. i was absolutely rocking my new style.

we thanked gaten and said our goodbyes to him.

now we're gonna have some fun, at least, that's what liv keeps saying.

she keeps going off on one of her speeches about how they're going to warm me up into the criminal world, blah, blah, blah, all that shit.

we all get in some broken beat up car that was in gaten's garage without a license plate and drive off to some 24 hour convenience store, that hopefully had alcohol.