Chapter Two│The Scientist

©APOORVA2015

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Apoorva. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I'll set you apart

                                              ---Chapter Two---

"He's coming," someone whispered

She looked around alarmed and found Ved in a close proximity to her. She wondered if he was here all the while.

"Huh?" she looked him, bewildered

"It's Him…He's coming."

Just as she was a little too busy imagining and fighting with the odds, a bright light flashed behind her eyes breaking the bond of her tangled thoughts in her head. The light flashed again blinding her for a moment enabling her to see little stars behind her lids. She kept her eyes closed. This was a sign that He was coming.

She sat there in awe, suddenly conscious and unprepared. He is finally here…He is coming. The room was getting genuinely crowded with whispers and babble. Amidst the nameless faces, she tried to search Him. Ved went away chatting with someone but she was least bothered. She was still looking for Him when a swarm of people all stood making a complete chaos. She shifted her gaze towards the empty pedestal. Where are you? she thought to herself

"Good evening," a captivating voice boomed in the speaker, echoing in the foyer, "Here I am!"

She stared at the podium - captivated. There He was, behind the microphone wearing a blue suit with his dark hair neatly parted to the side. She lowered her gaze. Did He just answer me?  She thought to herself, of course not! I mean He wouldn't even know if I'm here at all. But it's okay. I'm good, couldn't have been better.

"I hope everyone is good?" He said, "I'm good too."

His cheeks dimpled as his lips curved in a smile. Her lips fluently stretched into a grin as well.

The words had become too superfluous for her and her sole focus was Him. She loved how His lips moved so beautifully- sometimes quiet, sometimes a careless pout, sometimes drawn to a thin line, and other times just smiling and speaking. She was tempted to touch them.

"When rules were being written, the Avici knew the fundamental one that would keep us intact and in a glorious unity, and that is Love. Every Avician you will meet is your friend and, above that, your family. Treat them like you would treat your family, love them like you love your family," He spoke

I love you, she said inside

He stopped in the middle of a sentence and a hush fell over.

Everybody looked up to Him.

"Always remember, each one is special…" He paused, "…and I love you."

A quiver of elation surged through her making the neurons in her brain die and form at an extraordinary speed. She sat there frozen, awestruck, fascinated, manipulated, mesmerized, short of breath, charmed, absorbed…and so much more in love.

"We love you too, Samar," the crowd sang.

Ved came to her when everyone got up. It was time to head towards the basement now where their abilities would be measured, tested and approved according to the performance. She belonged to the lower rank and this part of the meeting always chilled her to the bone because there were only handful lower ranked Avicians and she had never been able to showcase her abilities in open which that led to a serious doubt if she had any. Ved was middle ranked and was good at projecting his powers because abilities that were associated with mental strength necessitated a lot of practice and concentration to be flawless and Ved was better than her, at least he had the thing in him.