Chapter Six│Every Night

©APOORVA2015

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Apoorva. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Searching to find myself
But all I find is you
I can hardly stand myself
So what am I to you?

                                              ---Chapter Six---

Days had passed gruesomely slow after the realization of Him being captivated. She had been arguing with Ved ever since, to go to Uttar Pradesh just to see if the abductors took Him there, because she was endlessly worried about what they would have done to Him. Yumi had a constant serious expression on her face that she could not decipher. Rati came in every day from her hotel just to see Ved, and Sanskriti would be on her side, endlessly chatting about everything. The twins, Rose and Christian, would always be together, and she would feel connected to them for no reason at all. Suzanna was practicing her healing abilities on her. In a span of four days, she was visibly cured. Suzanna would sit down by the bed when she awoke in the morning, taking her hand and looking in her eyes. After some time, a small tingle would run through her arm. At first it would be a weak sensation but soon it would be sharp and uncomfortable. She shivered when it stung her wounds but wherever it would travel, it cured her flesh. The blisters healed in no time and so did the blood clots. The scars from her past vanished too, her skin now rejuvenated, soft and healthy. The tiny lumps she had in the back of her head, the cause she always felt a reason for a memory loss were perfectly settled down and almost invisible. Her leg was recovered though she was unable to stand on it for a long duration. Even her vision perfected; she did not need those round glasses anymore.

At night, Ved always slept on the wooden stool next to her since they came to this house a week back. He would caress her hair, lightly stroke her cheeks and trace her jaw line. He would move his finger along the edges of her soft lips that had a scent of their own, the bridge of her nose and closed eyes as though trying to memorize her face through touch. If she would have a bad dream he would stay up all night just to soothe her, rock her back and forth like a child in his arms. It was pleasurable how her skin felt against his. He liked to watch her sleep, liked to see how her lips would slightly part as she would breathe, liked to stare at her innocent face as she mumbled sometimes, liked to just be there as close as he could be.

When she woke up this morning, she had an empty feeling in her chest. She rubbed her eyes, finding Ved sitting on the stool.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said smiling

She smiled slightly, sitting up.

"Do you want coffee?" he asked

"No," she yawned

"So, what do you want then?"

"I want...to go to Uttar Pradesh."

Ved did not move for a second. Convincing her was the hardest thing. He was unable to understand why she was so much 'in love' with Samar when she did not even know Him. He failed to understand this deep 'connection' of hers or why she desperately wanted to save Him. Ved knew a lot of Avician girls found Him appealing, and maybe she would too because of His personality, position, and power. However, none of them were so much intimated by the idea of finding Him back. So why was she?

"But how? I have things to attend, you've got your own job, Yumi needs to go back, and Sanskriti is missing out on her school. Ro and Chris are-"

"Wait, what?" she asked, thinking he misunderstood her