Chapter Eleven│All the right moves

©APOORVA2015

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Apoorva. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

                                       ---Chapter Eleven---

Ved had left the house in haste and with a sum of hate that frightened him as well. He was noticeably upset with Ekaa, for her being inconsiderate about his feelings and caring for a man that would be inconsiderate about hers. How could she do that to him? How could she ignore him and be this insensitive? Love had so many meanings, and right now finding a new one made most sense to him. He had called Rati as soon as he stomped out of the apartment, asking if she would like to have breakfast with him. “Why not darling!” she had purred in the speaker, “I am all yours.”

They met at the barista that was laden with heaving aromas of coffee beans and dark chocolate; while he was all distant and making scenarios in his head, she kept scooting close to him, saying things that had no substance in it. All of a sudden he gazed at her and said, “Please make me forget…”

“Forget what?” she asked politely

“Her”

She had understood who he meant by her. “Like I said,” she pecked a kiss on his forehead, “I am all yours darling.”

“I know it sounds selfish and-”

She silenced him by roughly stroking her glossed lips against his. “Don’t make me think twice,” she said

He cupped her face and pressed his lips on hers, as all his emotions hung on his lips, and the potent one that she could feel was helplessness. She tugged at his bottom lip teasingly, smiling against them. Stunned, he parted his lips as the fresh taste of her strawberry lip-gloss streamed in his mouth. It was something new, yet something he did not want. Ekaa’s lips had a mildly pleasant lavender scent that he would sniff occasionally when he slept next to her in Bheemtal because it felt so drugging. Rati’s were overwhelmingly sweet, something he did not appreciate. With a swift lick on her lips to completely take away that taste, she throatily moaned, sending a delicious vibration in his mouth. When the kiss lingered for a few more minutes, the man behind the counter had asked them to stop and take their romance somewhere else, and he pulled back abruptly. He could not help but feel sorry for using Rati in such a bland way. And then Ekaa crossed his mind…

It was late in the evening when everyone returned to her apartment and intended to leave for the railway station. Ved had been acting discrete ever since, and Rati’s hands dangled all over his torso. It troubled Ekaa a little, because she had always believed that Rati was not the kind of girl Ved should be involved with. She tried to talk to him a few time, but those times either included him nibbling her earlobe, whispering something totally obscene or just turning his nose up saying ‘now is not the time.’

He felt guilty, like he was betraying Ekaa, but why, he could not understand himself. It pained him how each time when she tried to start a conversation, he rudely did not take into account of her being there at all by being exceedingly involved with Rati or snickering away rather than facing her. And what would he confront to her? That he was acting so thick because he wanted her, while she wanted another man and that Rati did not mind if he used her body as a digression? Nevertheless, Rati already knew that she meant nothing to Ved, that her looks would not buy his affection because Ekaa, even though she was so plain, was prettier in a way that it made her envious. But she would not give up, with a notion that maybe one day her feelings would be his as well and he would not ask her to make him forget someone but ask her hand instead.