Chapter 10

One morning, Honoka asked Umi if they can talk in private.

Umi noticed the seriousness in Honoka's voice and expression. She nodded and followed Honoka outside.

She suddenly feel nervous. She rarely see Honoka being serious but when she is like that there is something wrong.

"Umi-chan... Do you like Kotori-chan?" Honoka questioned Umi. She stared directly at Umi's eyes.

Umi was surprised to hear Honoka asking that kind of question.

"W-what? O-Of course I likeー" she answered but was cut by Honoka

Honoka clarified the word 'like' to Umi not the like as a friend but the other kind of like. She knows that Umi is so dense when it comes to things like this.

It takes a couple of minutes for Umi to fully understand what Honoka meant.

Umi didn't answer. The two of them became quiet until Honoka broke it.

"Umi-chan... the truth is... I like Kotori-chan and not as a friend!" Honoka confessed her true feelings.

Umi was shocked at Honoka's confession.

'Honoka likes Kotori... and she likes her not just a friend? I like Kotori because she is my friend but what about me? do I like her that way? Anyway I should support Honoka.' she thought to herself.

Honoka asked Umi again.

"I don't know... Yes, I like her but I don't know if I like her more than that. But don't worry I'll support you no matter what."  Umi answered vaguely

"Really? Thanks Umi-chan!" Honoka said hugging Umi

The two of them went back to their classroom

(At the classroom...)

'I wonder where Honoka-chan and Umi-chan went. I saw them left the room a while ago' a certain gray ashed girl thought to herself

"Umi-chan! Honoka-chan! Good morning!" Kotori greeted the both of them

"Good morning -Kotori-chan -Kotori." The two of them replied in unison.

Umi's eyes met Kotori's. She suddenly remembered Honoka's confession a while ago, she averted her eyes and went to her seat.

Kotori saw a hint of confusion in Umi's eyes. She wants to ask her but drop the thought .

After Honoka's confession, Umi distanced herself from the two of them. She always thinks of a reason for the two of them to be alone.

She should be supporting Honoka but everytime she saw the two of them together she felt a pain in her chest.

"Umi-chan, Kotori-chan! Let's go!" Honoka said

"Ah... I'm sorry but I have my archery practice today" Umi replied

"Oh is that so? Well... see you tomorrow then. Bye" Honoka said a bit disappointed

Umi smiled and said goodbye. She looked at Kotori then averted her eyes.

Kotori saw Umi looked at her, it's like Umi wanted to say something but decided not to and averted her eyes instead. Kotori felt it again, that something is wrong with Umi.

Kotori didn't heard that Honoka is calling her. They are now on their way home.

"Kotori-chan? Are you ok? I've been calling you for a while now?" Honoka asked worriedly

"H-huh? I'm sorry Honoka-chan. I remembered that i forgot my notebook. You can go ahead. I'll just go back and get it." Kotori replied

Honoka insisted that she will accompany her but Kotori refused. After a few moment, Kotori just surrendered and agreed to Honoka.