Magic and Mayham - Edited

Having Henry down in those caves, had changed her. She had been so scared of losing him, of losing everything. It put some things into perception for her. First, she didn't want there to be any secrets between them, including her magic. Second, her mission to protect him, had become even more important to her. She was almost obsessive over it. Third, the curse had to break. Not for her, not for the people of storybooke, but for Henry. Because he was never going to stop, not till it was broken. And that scared her too, because him doing that, would put him in danger. So she resolved to tell him everything the next day.

Morning

Waking up the next day, Dani for maybe the first time, got straight out of bed. She didn't linger in her covers, she didn't whine to herself about missing the warmth, she had decided she had more important things to do today. Rushing through her shower, Dani sat at her desk.

Grabbing some colored pencils she debated on what to draw. It couldn't be too big, otherwise she might get tired bringing it to life. The problem was, the first small thing that came to mind was a spider. And Henry was terrified of spiders. So that was out. After a few minutes Dani grinned, of course! She thought shaking her head at herself.

After getting the little thing drawn out, Dani added color

After getting the little thing drawn out, Dani added color. She tried to add color you wouldn't see often in nature. So Henry wouldn't think it was just some trick. Before walking to his room with the drawing in hand. Knocking gently Dani called out, " Hey Henry you up? "

" Yeah come in. " Henry called back.

When Dani entered the room Henry was sitting on his bed reading a comic. Closing the fore behind her Dani felt her heart beat nervously in anticipation. Joining him on the bed she set across from him with her legs crossed. " Henry, I uh, I've been keeping something from you. " She started eyes darting around the room, " And well I was scared to show you, but I really don't want to keep secrets from you so here I am. "

Henry sensing his sister's seriousness and anxiety, closed his comic and set it on a self near by. " Dani you can tell me anything, you know that right? " he prodded gently.

" Yeah that's why I'm here. " She started, bitting her lip, " I have magic Henry, and I know it's not supposed to be possible here but I do, and I can show you. "

Henry's eyes widened before he nodded her on. Taking a deep breath in, and slowly letting it out, Dani centered herself. Flatting out the drawing on the bed between them, she began. Concentrating on the energy in the air which powered the curse, she pulled, drawing some into herself. Opening her eyes she nodded at Henry before holding her hand above the piece of paper, which held the butterfly. 

Her eyes flashed purple as she released the hold on the energy. Directing it down she commanded it to do as she wanted, no needed, it to do. And before Henry's eyes the butter fly slowly began peeling himself off the page. Before long the butterfly had freed itself front he confines of its paper prison, and was fluttering around their heads.