Chapter 22

Xander pov

"Ofcourse, we will talk darling. But I have come after two years and I missed you so much. Will you not show me around?"

If earlier she was angry , I could now feel smoke coming out of her ears. She was beyond pissed. Then again accidently she hit me in the abdomen with her elbow. I am sure I cracked few ribs in the process.

"Yes, show him around Sophie. Also there is a meeting of all the residents in an hour. You can introduce him to everyone."

I like these people.

"But Sophie we thought you were single."

A young boy said on the verge of crying. It was very obvious that he liked her. And my hand on its own accord held her more tightly than before.

And correction. I don't like these people. Not everyone.

"Aless..."

"I would like to head out with my wife if you don't mind."

The man looked like he was about to rip my eyes out and feed it to the dogs but I couldn't care. I was happy with my love in my arms. I couldn't ask for more.

Going to the car was a bad option. I didn't want to. Because as long as we were outside she will allow me to hold her but I couldn't keep her standing in the sun for my own selfish needs.

As soon as we got into the car I hugged her tight. She kept pushing me but I didn't budge. I then kissed her on her soft spot under her earlobe and she instantly relaxed. This still works on her. After a few seconds she hugged me back.

"I miss you Sophie."

But this seems to bring her back and she pushed me with all her might and as I wasn't prepared I fell back on my seat.

"Don't Xander."

"You still love me Sophie. See how your body reacts to me. Please baby just one chance."

I know I was sounding like a spoilt brat laying on the ground and shouting for a chocolate but at this point I did not care.

"Love is not enough Xander. I can't be with you."

Atleast she acknowledged that she still loves me.

"Baby please I wasn'..."

But I was cut in between.

"No Xander. For me love is not enough. You promised me that you will stay by my side always. And you left me. You called me names. You hurt me and now I don't want you anywhere near me."

I know it was my mistake and I repent my hasty judgement. But how am I suppose to convince her.

"Princess please. I know I was wrong. But trust me again please."

I just wanted to hug her and get it over with. But I knew this wasn't easy.

"No Xander. I always told you that a person's heart is like a glass. Once it breaks no matter how much you try it would never be as good as new."

I did break her heart but why can't she see that seeing her in pain, pains me too.

"Baby, I am not asking you to forgive me now. I am just asking for a chance. Please allow me to court you again."

I know I looked like an idiot. But.

I. Don't. Care.

I knew this was going to be difficult. But I was ready to die even if that means a chance with her.

As we headed to the meet the locals I was a little nervous. I could see that Sophie considered them family so there approval was important to me. Sophie gave my hand a reassuring squueze and passed me a small smile.

When we reached the venue I saw few girls looking at me like I was some piece of meat. I was accustomed to their glances but with Sophie here I was a little afraid. I couldn't risk anything.

We haven't yet spoken about the pictures or Shelly being the one responsible for seperating us. I didn't want any more complication in our relationship.

"Aren't you Xander Smith?"

A girl asked making her way towards me completely disregarding my wife who was standing just next to me. The moment she held my arm I quickly removed it and wrapped my hand around Sophie's waist pulling her closer.

She was never jealous. I don't know how she did that but in any moment such as this she was all calm and collected. Whereas me. If any man as much as looked at her I was ready to pull their eyes out of the socket.

Looking at my arm around Sophie's waist another girl raised her opinion.

"But aren't you married?"

Yes, I am. So, why are you trying to flirt with a married man in front of his wife. I did cover the news of divorce. In the eyes of public we were still happily married. I made sure that my Public Relation team puts it that way.

"I am."

And with that I pecked Sophie's lips.

This seemed to caught her off guard. She tried moving away but I caught her in place.

The first girl now yelled.

"This doctor is a home wrecker."

And now I gave her my deadliest glare which made even the old cower in fear. Was she that dumb to not realise that the woman next to me could be my wife!

Some other girl now voiced her opinion and I was ready to bury her alive.

"I knew she was a slut, a gold digger bitch."

Sophie was still calm but I was about to strangle her.

"Choose your words carefully or be ready to pay the consequences. I won't tolerate anyone talking ill about my wife."

And with that there was a pin drop silence. And I swear I saw ghost of a smile on Sophie's face.

Do you think Xander should get a second chance?
One should forgive but should they really forget? And even if she did, will there relationship ever be same again?
Do share your thoughts in the comments.