Chapter 29

Sophie pov

When I woke up I felt like I was laying on something really hard and fluffy. I tried moving but couldn't move. I tried opening my eyes and then I saw him. Did he come to my side? I quietly looked behind and saw my side of the bed empty. With my legs all over him, hands over his torso and head on his chest I was literally on top of him. Since when do I move so much in my sleep?

As quietly as possible I removed my legs and my hands. As I got up I looked at him. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. He always slept like a baby. I removed his hair from his forehead which are way silkier than mine, kissed him on his forehead like I always did.

I covered him properly with the blanket and headed towards the bathroom. Having a quick shower and after preparing his breakfast I headed to the hospital.

There was nothing out of ordinary that happened except the questions of all the residents regarding my marriage. Most of them now knew that I was wife of a billionaire. But I tried assuring them that it doesn't change anything and I am still there daughter.

It was noon when I decided to head home. I had to check on him so instead of eating lunch in the cafeteria I went back. Afterall, I had someone waiting at home and had to feed him. I wonder if he was eating his meals on time. He looked thinner than before.

"Xander, did you have your breakfast?"

His face gave it all away.

"Ummm.."

Instead of waiting of his response I went to the kitchen and looked at the breakfast. It was still lying on the counter. Untouched.

"Xander, you didn't eat anything since morning and are working empty stomach. You didn't even switch on air conditioner and this house is as hot as a furnace. Are you insane?"

This man is crazy. Why do he have to work in such extreme conditions!

"Do you care about me?"

What is he even saying? Is that even important right now!

"Ofcourse, I do Xander. I don't want you to suffer from diarrhoea."

I told him with all honesty.

"I am fine. I don't eat breakfast."

I wonder if I heard him correct. He was not a kind of person to skip meals.

"What do you mean you don't eat breakfast?"

"I don't get time so I usually skip it."

How much time does it take to eat? Is he Pygmy Shrew?

"Idiot!"

"I heard you Sophie."

Ofcourse, he did. Does he not care about his health at all! What if he gets sick?

"I wanted you to hear Idiot. Come here and eat something till the time I prepare lunch. And donot even think of denying it or I will kick your ass."

I gave him a plate of his favourite choco chip cookies, turned on the air conditioner, pushed him down on the couch and made my way to the kitchen to make him lunch.

At times he does act like a manchild.

But you love him for that.

Yes, I do.

When you love a person, you love every side of them. You accept them for who they are without wanting to change anything in them. You accept there flaws with them. You don't want to get rid of their baggage because its what makes them who they are.