Chapter 37

Xander pov

We had a simple church wedding with no one. One wedding was enough for us. Our hearts were already tied. The divorce was just a paper for us. So now we just needed a marriage on paper. I already had her wedding band with me and as for myself I never removed it. Nothing changed between us. We were the same as we were before.

The first thing Sophie did after coming back was order a piano for the cottage. I never went there again. It was way too painful. But with Sophie it was a little easy. After some time instead of experiencing pain, the memories of my grandparents just made me happy. Me and Sophie used to sit here for hours making new memories. It was her cope up mechanism for me. And that made me forgive my parents too.

The best thing about Sophie was she never held grudges. If ever we talked about the two years when we were not together Sofie always had something to say like 'everything happens for a reason' or how we are 'more stronger than before'. Which was true. I knew Sofie would never leave me and now had absolutely no doubts about it. If she can accept me even after everything I did in the past, she will never leave me.

Thomas and my friendship seemed to have hit a rough patch in the past two years but now again we were the same as we used to be. The realtionship with my parents improved multiple folds. I realised that all they want is for me to be happy. I realised it when I found out how much they value Sofie because she is important to me.

Everything is fine except for past one month Sofie had been acting strange. She hardly talks to me and skips breakfast obviously after shoving everything down my throat. But now I know better than jumping to conclusions. Yes it is my birthday in a week and I am assuming it has got something to do with that.

So today finally is my birthday. But Sofie looks paler than ever. It feels like she is sick. Though I tried taking her to the hospital but she played her doctor card 'I know more than you' and shut me up.

She said that this time she hasn't planned any extraordinary gift but just a simple dinner in the evening, which is rare. But anyways I know I can always get my gift at night.

After a long day at work and countless wishes I finally headed home for dinner. The lights were dim and Sofie had decorated our home with candles and flowers. But what stood out were numerous soft toys on the floor. Sofie was a kind of person who wants everything at their place so this was something new.

Not paying much attention to it I headed straight to the terrace where we were supposed to meet. My queen looked as beautiful as ever wearing a red satin dress. She came towards me, kissing me passionately took out a blindfold.

Tying it around my eyes she took me to a table and made me sit down. I wasn't sure what was going on but didn't say anything.

"Now, Xander. I will hand you few things and you have to guess what they are."

"Okay."

The first item appeared to be a fur ball with a slit.

"Fur ball from which you took out the cotton."

And then she laughed which made me smile.

"Incorrect, Xandy."

"Now check out this one."

"Why is this so small? Is it your bikini Sofie? I want to see you in this."

And once again she laughed, the sound was music to my ears.

"Okay now the last one."

"What is this Sofie? What did you hand me just now? Is this poop? Sofie I am removing the blindfold now."

I got a little scared now. This was not going well. My hands were all sticky and I didn't know what to do next.

"Okay, wait there handsome. Let me clean your hands first."

When she was done and I was close to gagging she finally opened my blindfold and handed me a small box which supposedly was my gift.

"Open it."

There was a small stick which I couldn't understand the meaning of. All the while Sofie looked at me smiling which automatically bought a smile to my face. As I looked around I saw a small diaper which something in it, small shoes, and a child's dress. The terrace was a mess with toys everywhere.

"This is our future. Are you ready Xander?"

And then I realised.

"I am going to become a father!"

"Yes, you are."

"Oh my god! Sofie. This is the best birthday gift I could ever ask for. You have made me the happiest person alive. I love you so much."

We had our dinner talking about our future and me telling Sophie how grateful I was to have her.

"But Sophie, was that really poop?"

This question was still at the back of my mind.

"No silly. It was peanut butter. But be ready to deal with real poop in the future."

We do have our share of ups and down but that is life. All that matters is we are together.

THE END.

So my book has finally ended. I hope you enjoyed the story. The story is still under editing so please forgive me for the grammatical errors. Feel free to correct me and do share your thoughts with me. A new insight to things is always welcome. I am still in process of growing up and want to learn as much as I can and there is no better way than discussing it with people.
Thanks for all your support and love.