P R O L O G U E

This is how I almost wipe out the entire humanity because of love

This is how I almost wipe out the entire humanity because of love . . . . 

Okay, where should I start? Oh yesss. Let's start with once upon a time because mortals really love that line.

Once upon a time, ancient times specifically, The Gods and the mortals are allowed to hang out with each other on Earth's realm.

Thus, demigods are born. Half human, half God. Yep, sometimes my fellow Gods gets overly excited around hot and sexy humans so they . . . . Uhm do that thing  until the Earth became filled with demigods. The most famous ones are Achilles, Hercules, Theseus, Perseus and Helen of Troy. Ya'll probably know those dudes.

So Zeus, the ruler of Olympus, basically the father of almost all of demigods, was getting out of hand and continuously cheating on his wife. Tsk tsk, such an unfaithful dude. Not only him but also the other Gods as well. Until nearly all humans are half God which stresses the heck out of Hera.

Then Hera, Zeus' wife, finally decided to cut the bloodline between Gods and humans. Then she convinced all of us to agree on her plan in making a sacred rule. We don't have a choice actually because she's darn terrifying if we disobey her.

That's how the sacred rule was born: Committing any romantic relationship with mortals is highly forbidden.

If one of us dare to violates the rule, their power may fade together with their physical form.

Don't get it mortals? Example, if my bro Hermes falls in love with a human. All of his powers will soon be perished and his physical form will turn into mere thin air. He can still be alive but no longer functioning like a real God. Scary right?

"Apollo who are you talking to? "

Oh shoot, it's Athena.

O-okay so uhh, that explains why we had this silly rule and how this one rule ALMOST put the mortal's lives in danger. It was kinda my fault but hey, all I ever did was falling in love!

They said, the Gods were too lucky for being the highest, most powerful and respected entity in this realm.

Are we really that lucky? 

It might sound heavenly pleasing to the mortals' ear but being a God is not easy and fun as they think. 

We live forever. Until the time stops from running.

We witnessed everyone's tragic death.

We endured the caress suffocating feeling of loneliness. 

We judge every human's fate, even in the afterlife. Can be very hard especially when someone you like has to face dreadful consequences. But we have to choose justice over feelings.

And worst of all, 

Being prohibited from falling in love. 

The Gods who have their wives and husbands with them are super lucky. However, Gods like me who's single as heck are unfortunate.

I loved someone a couple of times before but none of them worked.

If I knew that being a God is stressful, I should've just asked Cronus to swallow Zeus back so I won't came into this world instead.

But then one night, I stumbled upon a woman who's super mean and selfish. 

Little did my past-self knew . . . . she's the one I was waiting for.

"Apollo, you need to ride on your stupid chariot and put the human's realm into night time! "

I need to go before Athena kick my ass again. Hehe see ya! Byeee mortaaalsss!

- E n d  o f  P r o l o g u e -

"T r u e  l o v e  i s  s e l f l e s s

"T r u e  l o v e  i s  s e l f l e s s. I t  i s  p r e p a r e d  t o  s a c r i f i c e."  - Sadhu Vaswani

* * * * * *

This story and characters are fictitious. Certain long-standing institutions, agencies, and public offices are mentioned, but the characters involved are wholly imaginary.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert on writing a novel so excuse my poor writing skills. Early warning na hindi po ito historically accurate, may parte sa story na hindi kasali sa orig greek mythology dahil sinalihan o binago ko ng iilang detalye para bumagay sa kwento. Sa mga percy jackson o greek nerds dyan, pasensya na kung may mali man akong mailagay na info. Do not hesitate to correct me, just leave a comment oki? And yes, this will be written in tag-lish.

E N J O Y    R E A D I N G !