XXVI. Forbidden Love

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V 

"Hermes, Dionysus, Hera has ordered the two of you to return to the Olympus immediately. "

It was Iris who delivered the news that annihilated all the hope that was left between the four of them. Only Hermes could provide the fastest way back to Mount Olympus. Since Hera herself has commanded their return, they have no other choice but to take the longer route. 

"Can Hermes stay here?" tanong ni Dionysus, nagbabasakali.

Iris shook her head, "Unfortunately, he can't. She's anticipating your presence at the Olympus . . . . the two of you. " she looked at them firmly.

Worry could be seen on all three of their faces as they exchanged glances. "Listen to me, Iris," Dionysus said, drawing his face closer to hers. "The mortal is dying, and she needs us," he said, lowering his voice so Chanel couldn't hear.

"That's the least of my concern. My job here is to deliver the news and escort you two back to the Olympus. " nakipagsukutan ng tingin ang dalaga.

Napapikit si Dionysus sa inis.

"Let Apollo take care of the mortal. The two of you has to go with me. " huling sinabe niya bago tumalikod at nilisan ang kagubatan.

Napabuntong hininga si Dio samantala naigulo ni Hermes ang kanyang buhok. "That little brat! Nanggigigil talaga ako sa isang 'yun. Masyadong loyal sa amo niya. " Hermes could almost rip all his hair out of annoyance.

Even if it is against their will, the two are helpless but must obey Hera's decree. "It's fine. Kailangan niyong sumunod sa utos niya. Ako na ang bahala kay Chanel. We'll be alright. " mahinang wika ni Apollo at pinasadahan ng tingin ang kawawang dalaga na nakahiga sa kanyang bisig.

"Babalik din kami kaagad, pangako. " 

Tinanguan ni Apollo ang dalawa bago ito umalis. Nang mawala sa kanyang paningin, napadasal na lamang siya sa isipan. Hindi mawari kung anong unang gagawin. If they take the long road to Olympus, the poison will surely devour the poor girl's heart before they even reach there. That being the case, he needed a quicker route.

"W-what are we gonna do b-blondie?" papikit-pikit ang mga malumanay na mata ni Chanel.

Hindi kaagad nakasagot ang binata habang nag-iisip ng paraan.

Ah right.

He totally forgot the pegasus!

Before he could call it, the ground began to tremble until it gradually got stronger. The forest began to shake violently with each second they remained. Apollo peered into the distance, and as he noticed an army of centaurs coming closer, his anxiety level increased.

"Again?" He said in disbelief.

"W-who's coming blondie?" 

An arrow appeared in their direction out of nowhere. Luckily, Apollo managed to catch the arrow and break it in anger. "Those bastards never gave up! Why are they doing this?" He would have buried them for a long time if they weren't his friends.